It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CSIS adds its own mole to terror list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

CSIS adds its own mole to terror list

www.thestar.com

Talk about nuts. We know that our security services are still passing on to Washington the names of Canadian citizens alleged to be terrorists — with or without proof.
But it also seems that the Canadian Security Intelligence Service has mistakenly added one of its own moles to the growing U.S. terror list.
This bizarre revelation comes courtesy of the muckraking website WikiLeaks, which — as first reported by CBC — has revealed a new cache of confidential U.S. State Department documents.
The documents show that over two years CSIS provided the U.S. embassy in Washington with the name
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
as a canadian citizen this really bites. our government had promised us to stop handing over names to the U.S watch list, but continues to do this without informing us that we are on it. the only time we figure out we are on the list is when we get stopped at the border or on our flight.

this also ruins the credibility of the mole mubin sheikh who helped get convictions in the toronto 18 case where 18 members were arrested for terrorism charges. only only 2-3 people were actually charged with terrorism related charges while the rest were let go or charged with lesser crimes.

mubin sheikh has had history with rcmp and csis as being a loose canon when it came to media interviews and testifying in court. i think this might be one way of tying up loose ends.

i travel regularly to the states and abroad and it is a scary notion to know that my name could be on this list without my knowledge, without any evidence or charges laid against me.

as a quick tidbit, before the case of the toronto 18, csis was facing the axe and a reduced budget. guess what happened when this case hit the newsstand?

www.thestar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
the whole "terrorist" thing is a joke. americans have bought it hook, line, and sinker. they're complete fools. i'd imagine this is something of an inside joke at the top. americans and canadians are being labeled terrorists for questioning the government. the rest of america is completely oblivious.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

It's really not so much as Americans buying it hook line and sinker, It's about the travesty of American public servants conducting themselves as if we had.

It really doesn't matter what Americans want anymore. The policy-makers do whatever their interests motivate them to do. And since the majority of them are "appointed" and have "political clout" (which is code for money) either from their own pockets, or the pockets of those influence peddlers that our politicians are having an affair with, they do pretty much whatever serves their agenda (or those of their masters.)

American's in general, at least the one's who don't consume television commentary as gospel, know full well that this is not about security. It's quite the opposite, it's about fear... (mostly the politicians' fear, that if we are not consumed by terror we will turn our attention to them.)

edit on 19-5-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
We need an entire overhaul of CSIS and the RCMP. They are both run on a hierarchy system of patronage and thus are extremely ineffective and even detrimental to the rights and freedoms of Canadians.

top topics

join