It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Roswell Theory...A little more believable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Area 51, the new book by Annie Jacobsen, is based on interviews with scientists and engineers who worked in Area 51, the top secret test base in the Nevada desert. It dismisses the alien story and puts forward the theory that Stalin was inspired by Orson Wells’s famous radio adaptation of the HG Wells novel War of the Worlds, which provoked hysteria across America when broadcast in 1938.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

This sort of falls in with what I believe happened at Roswell if anything.

I believe it was a black ops project that went wrong..or it could be the above.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Very extremely interesting.... and fits with a project by the russians in the time period....

I don't know I think this is one more reason to learn russian and maybe even visit there one day.

Then again with the performance in the korean war a few years later of both sides apparently working with each other while pretending to fight!!

Could it be that we have been double blinded here?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
As many of the commenters on ask in the comments section of the original, how on earth would the ship remotely controlling the "UFO" stay off radar? Not to mention, where were both planes launched from? Mexico?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The book says that the plane was filled with “alien-like” children, aged 12 or 13, who Stalin wanted to land in America and cause hysteria similar to the 1938 broadcast. But, the plane, remotely piloted by another aircraft, crashed and the Americans hushed up the incident.

Miss Jacobsen writes: “They found bodies alongside the crashed craft. These were not aliens. Nor were they consenting airmen. They were human guinea pigs. Unusually petite for pilots, they appeared to be children. Each was under five feet tall. “They were grotesquely deformed, but each in the same manner as the others. They had unusually large heads and abnormally shaped oversize eyes.” Two were supposedly found “comatose but still alive”.

a little info on the author
Annie [grasping at straws to sell a book] Jacobsen

and shes a blogger ...go figure

edit on 5/17/2011 by spoonbender because: got curious ...I like the boys from brazil better ... or Marathon Man

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
if they could manipulate the size of the head and eyes, why not just make them giants to scare us even more.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Try as I might, I cannot see how that is even remotely plausible. That has to be the most absurd conjecture (no, it is NOT a theory) I've seen to date. What passes for intelligence nowadays, I really cannot understand.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm late to the discussion, mainly I just saw the interview with her on the daily show and I just simply can't buy the story at all, there's nothing to support the claims besides some people who said they used to work there and an eye witness whom she says she trusts.. she could be getting any number of wacky stories to publish a book, of course she she published the same old things she'd not sell a single copy.. so go with the more unusual theories..

So Stalin didn't have the technology to build a bomb he could drop on us, but he had the tech to build remote controlled flying saucers with 5 deformed passengers that admittedly did crash, but made it all the way to US soil? I really just don't buy that.. sorry

The daily show interview and some details are here

daily show interview at bottom
edit on 18-5-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This theory could be expanded. These large eyed aliens that have become the dominant idea of aliens could be deformed humans, and they are ruling the world. These are the reptilians we hear about, humans, bred for destroying enemies but now in control of the entire planet.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Nothing is believable about this "theory", it is already being thoroughly debunked in the Aliens/UFO forum.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'm up to the last chapter in this book, aside from the "Roswell Theory" which is given this book is great. It tells a fascinating history of Area 51. I got the audio book and it's 15 hours long!! Some of the things that went on/are still going on at Area 51 are borderline insane.

The captured Russian MIG from an Iraqi airman story is amazing. Also the Bunker Buster story toward the end about how underground weapons/underground tunnels complex is cool too.

I'd recommend this to anyone who has a slight interest in Area 51. There's also a nod to ATS in there too lol!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Area 51 did'nt exist, when the Roswell incident happened in 1947.

It all happened near the RAAF (Roswell Army Air Force Base), which was host to the 509th bomb group.

Also the Pre Hiroshima Atomic bomb tests were undertaken in the New Mexico/Nevada area.

Hence the interests of ET.

Testimony of too many people have already disputed the "Weather Balloon" Project Mogul" "Secret Project", "Japanese Midgets" inference. Project Mogul started in 1954, but the Air Force still said it was the reason for the "Bodies"...oh except for the Japanese Mutated Midgets from Nagasaki.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
Very extremely interesting.... and fits with a project by the russians in the time period....

What project would you be refering to? Information on a number of secret russian projects must have come to light following the collaps of the Soviet Union and I find it hard to believe, that a project of this nature could remain completely secret in russia today. Does anyone know where to educate oneself on russian sources?

Regards

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well, looks like a mod(s) didn't like the new thread I started. So if someone wants a link to a Torrent download of the Area 51 book AND the NG Area 51 documentary, send me a PM. Or the link to an article about the identity of the anonymous Area 51/Roswell source for Annie's book.

Seems to me I had a post in this thread, that may also have been axed.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
Nothing is believable about this "theory", it is already being thoroughly debunked in the Aliens/UFO forum.

This is how this game is being played........counter disinformation over intended disinformation.........and it is all done for a purpose!!

A well-calculated effort by several parties involved in this creation
of the controversy.
The timing of the National Geographic special (aired on May 22) and
the publication of her book....

Definitely an intentionally created brilliant strategy for her book.

She allowed many gullible reviewers (even a few military aviation
enthusiasts who fell into this trap) to take up the controversy (i.e., the last few pages of her otherwise straightforward book, which would never have sold).

Most reviews fell for this trap and succeeded in sensationalizing her book.
Her 'anonymous' interviewee (no longer anonymous) fell for the trap by agreeing to throw in a ludicrous disinfo (which he was well aware of, as well as Jacobsen herself....as disinfo) for her book.
It is quite brilliant.
This a a great example of "muddying the waters".

new topics

top topics

join