It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A world on fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hold on tight, humanity.

I love you all, all races and creeds and cultures, the young the old, in all your magnificent complexity, unfathomable cruelty and compassion, and very human imperfections. You are all my brothers and sisters.

I wish we could all come through together to the other side. But we won't.

Prepare.

[The following video is based on information from a report created for British Intelligence on social, economic, and geopolitical megatrends in the coming decades. I don't know who made it, and I'm not affiliated with them in any way.]

edit on 5/11/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Are we gonna make it past 2012 ? This is too far ahead at this moment

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Are we gonna make it past 2012 ?

Yes.

But by 2020, many may wish they had not.
edit on 5/11/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
8.5 BILLION by 2035!! It is impossible for our planet to sustain that amount, and I believe there will be a significant decrease in numbers long before 2035...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hard to watch, but even harder to deny or argue against.

The future isnt going to be pretty for most. Instead of elevating the third world to first world status, the first world will soon be devolved into third world status.

There will be small pockets where the uber wealthy will live in excessive luxury, gated and barred off and potected from the rest of the wretched 95% who will be fighting and starving like wild animals just to survive.

It's coming.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

It's coming.

It's here.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Humanity has repeatedly demonstrated the capability to rapidly unite and trigger massive social, economic and cultural changes. Indeed, most major paradigm shifts occur with astonishing swiftness.

Witness depression-era America transforming almost overnight into the WWII war machine. The Velvet Revolution in the Czech Republic. Numerous other examples could be cited (though not by me, I've had a long day, and it feels like someone has replaced my brain with a plushie stuffed brain toy), and although the most common catalyst for bringing about major change is war, there are certainly other catalysts that have proven to be just as effective.

Do what you can, live in faith, do not submit to this vision of the future as the Inevitable.
edit on 11-5-2011 by mistermonculous because: flurgh.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This Video was made in 2007 if i read that right...the shocking thing? More than Half of the things descriped in that Video are already happening right now

edit on 11-5-2011 by Shenon because: spelling

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SalientSkivvy

8.5 BILLION by 2035!! It is impossible for our planet to sustain that amount, and I believe there will be a significant decrease in numbers long before 2035...

Ive read that by 2050, if the current reproduction rate continues, the world will need to produce as much food in the next 40 years as we have in the last 8,000. Ill try to find the link to that.

Then we also have to factor in the demands of more energy, infastructure, more homes, ect....

Edit - I wrote a term paper about the food, energy and increased population crisis displayed in the OP video. I wish I would of found this video before I wrote it.
edit on 11-5-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Interesting, thanks for sharing

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Wow.

I watched it. Then I watched it again.

Now I'm crying. It is amazing.

If you believe the world is this way, how can you wake up each day? What's the point?

And what does it do to people who carry this idea around all day, like a stone, sometimes for years?

Even if this is true, I can't live thinking that. Call it denial, whatever, I'm not ashamed. I want a better future, like mistermonculous described. Even if its impossible, I'm going to die reaching for that kind of world, a better world, a world of hope, rather than digging deeper and deeper in to the mud.

OP and others who see the world this way: This will kill you one way or another to think like this. You need to immerse yourself in more positive outlooks.

I

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

And what does it do to people who carry this idea around all day, like a stone, sometimes for years?

Well, at the very least, it gives you a high ATS Post count...

OP and others who see the world this way: This will kill you one way or another to think like this. You need to immerse yourself in more positive outlooks.

This is really funny, because the truth of the matter in my case is that learning to see the world the way it is rather than the way you or I might want it to be is the only reason I'm alive at the moment. I hope that if all goes well i'll be able to say the same thing in 20 years.

Nice shirt. If you really are Mormon, contact some SLC elders. Your church has one of the most extensive survival networks of supplies and they have games out all sorts of scenarios. I have great tattered old Mormon survival manual from the 70s on my bookshelf and ive made use of if a lot more than I expected. You could do worse than fall in with the Mormons when TSHTF. You could do better, too, but clingingto denial is certainly not the way.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Overpopulation is a myth.
Most of the subtitles in the video is still a myth.
Dont get me wrong tho
I have some concern about our spirituality.
The way we treat money and how zombie like WE' ve become.
I know most of you who read this at ATS are denying that zombie ____
but like Homer once said "If you're not part of the solution, you' re part of the problem. Marge".

Theres so many solutions or you can hope like in the good ol' days that science gonna find a solution or Moses and the supert best friends to come to the rescue.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I've thought about this for a little bit now after my last post.

There are two ways we can confront this situation. We can dig in and be bitter and cynical and build bunkers and hoard food but in the end we become evil that way too, just adding to the mess.

Or we can say "no." We can say, "I'm sorry, but I have real principles, and people with real principles sometimes accept death rather than bend their principles. I'd rather die than become an animal to live."

This takes every bit as much courage as hoarding food and buying guns and stuff. And yes Silent Thunder I know about the Mormon preparation stuff, the caves, the plans. There are lots of weapons stashes in the desert in Utah, lots of networks and plans. When I was still with the church I thought it was crazy and paranoid, and I think its even more crazy and paranoid now.

Live by the sword die by the sword....

top topics

join