It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do the Terrorists fear more Bush or Not Bush?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Have you seen that bush banner ad, "10 out of 10 terrorists agree, anyone but Bush".

I actually think they got that one backwards. Lots of people seem to forget that Osama and Al Qaeda's stated purpose is to bring to a head a conflict between the Eastern Islamic and Western worlds. It seems to me that bush has been playing right into Osama's hands by pushing Islamic nations who were sitting on the fence to think about joining forces before we turn our military presence their way. If anything I would probably go so far as to say that Bush has done exactly what the terrorists wanted him to do, which is kick over the bee hive, and in the process creating more anti-american feeling than ever before.

- Was

[edit on 1-8-2004 by Wassabi]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Your topic was completely different than your post...

But, I think Kerry would be a better leader in wartime, he has proven his metal in combat situations, unlike Bush, who has gone AWOL from his military post. Kerry earned 3 purple hearts and 1 silver star during his time as a gunboat captain in 'nam. I think the terrorists would be more afraid of Kerry, a proven war-time leader.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I doubt if the terrorists (whichever group) care one way or the other. They consider all westerners and especially americans weak.

They probably find Bush incompetent and have no opinion of kerry at all.

I doubt your average terrorist gives much thought as to the toughness of our "Leader". They just don't think that way. they don't think like us. It would be like us being afraid of the president of Zaire, it's just not something to consider.

Their war is not with any president or political party, it's a war of ideology and war based on gesture politics, it wouldn't matter who is in the whitehouse, it's not going to matter to them at all.

The terrorist goal is independent of our leaders. It's just not a factor.

Spiderj

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Im not American, but i feel Kerry would do a better job. Kerry would do what Bush should of done a long time ago, listen. He wouldn't go on a war campaign to every country to rid the world of terrorism, Kerry would stop the bloodshed and listen to the terrorists. The more Bush ignores the terrorists and continues the bloodshed, more people will be recurited by Al Qaeda and other groups.

[edit on 1-8-2004 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
But what of the seeds of anti-american hatred that Bush is planting with the pictures of dead babies being shown through the rest of the world? What about all the children who lost their families to American bombs who will just grow up to be the next generation of Al Qaeda? Heck even the latest US polls say that most americans believe the war in Iraq was a mistake?

I am still thinking that Bush has given Osama exactly what he wanted.

- Was

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Your topic was completely different than your post...

But, I think Kerry would be a better leader in wartime, he has proven his metal in combat situations, unlike Bush, who has gone AWOL from his military post. Kerry earned 3 purple hearts and 1 silver star during his time as a gunboat captain in 'nam. I think the terrorists would be more afraid of Kerry, a proven war-time leader.

3 purple hearts in 3 months one purple heart because of his own stupidity then out of Vietnam is not all that impressive to me. Now McCain now that guy would be a good wartime president IMO

I cant say Bush's Wartime record is any better then Kerry's. Dam we are screwed either way.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I dont really know what the old President or a new President could do differently. They now have pretty much committed themselves to a long stay in Iraq. Any talk of removing troops or of pulling out and you can expect that Iraq will become the new and much better financed home of Osama and his friends.

This is of course exactly what they are wishing for.

- Was

[edit on 1-8-2004 by Wassabi]

top topics

join