It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

As I have stated before, A guaranteed minimum income is another proposed system of social welfare provision. A job in the fast food industry, is not made to be a life long career. It's designed to get the " worker " in the job force, and obtain work experience. Experience that they should carry on to the next step/job that may pay higher wages. Anyone suggesting that an entry level position should " pay a livable wage " doesnt have a fundamental understanding of economics.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

You really want an intelligent response to a post where you stated you are entitled to everything on earth, since it all came from earth?

Grow up little boy.

Or get shot dead trying to steal something.

Preferably the latter. There are already enough useless losers on this planet, you would not be missed.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

You really want an intelligent response to a post where you stated you are entitled to everything on earth, since it all came from earth?

Grow up little boy.

Or get shot dead trying to steal something.

Preferably the latter. There are already enough useless losers on this planet, you would not be missed.

I haven't seen you make 1 intelligent argument for your point yet ... you keep spouting utter crap ... your only arguing one point i made in my post how about the rest of it ... any trained retard can pick 1 point off anyones thread and attack it ... and you clearly don't have the mental capacity to argue a proper point so you cherry pick a point in someones thread and make stupid comments or disregarding remarks ... which is a massive sign of severe lack of intelligence.

edit on 11/5/11 by King Loki because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Stealing from work is protest? Fighting for change? Hah! That’s a good one. A typical self entitled narcissistic view point if I ever saw one. I have kicked guys like you to the curb way to often in my days. You don’t think you’ll be caught? They probably already are looking into your performance. People like you think they can pull one over on what they think is “The System”. It’s only a matter of time before you are caught. That’ll be a good day. C-ya parasite.

link   

Originally posted by bacci0909
I've seen a lot of people say how they have a small business or they hire help or whatever, and they are disgusted with the thought of some employee stealing like OP.. OP wasn't talking about people like you. I believe he said at one point that the only job he DID NOT steal from was the independent coffee shop he'd worked at or something. Stop turning this into something it's not. We're talking about enormous entities, that would still make an insane profit even if employee theft were to triple, quadruple, whatever.

Think about it.. think about all the various ways that small amounts of money get lost or unaccounted for at any given corporation. Think about McDonalds for a second... when I was younger and actually ate there, I'd order my burger with no onions. I can't tell you how many times they'd get it wrong, and I'd let them know that I had ordered it without onions. What happens, you all know this.. they THROW OUT the burger they had given me, and they make a new one. Think about how many times that happens A DAY. Or think about when a gas station forgets if you gave them a $10 or a $20, and they give you way too much change.. think about how often that happens at any business.

We're not talking about small businesses here.. OP stated it, and I feel safe assuming that most people at ATS are critical thinking individuals with at least some sense of morals. That critical thinking part comes in handy when they're able to recognize the difference between working at 'Bill's Bookstore', where the actual 'Bill' who owns it all is there from open til close, and working at 'Papa John's' where the only time they see the actual 'John' is on the commercials.

What we should really do is collaborate on a list of corporations that we can agree are evil enough to steal from..

edit on 11-5-2011 by bacci0909 because: wanted to emphasize something to make more sense

Wrong.

When you say "Insane profits", do you mean that if a huge corporation's profits are in the millions, it is automatically too much? It's all about scale, einstein. I would be flippin giddy if I could squeeze another 5% in profits from my business. If a large corporation increased their profits by 5%, it would translate into big numbers, which would still only be a fraction of what their operating costs are. However, if that same corporation started losing profits a percentage point at a time, it could very well mean the demise of them.

Don't think for a minute that when corporations report profits of those large numbers that they are living high off the hog and being greedy. They have good years and bad years, and they still have to make smart business decisions to continue operating in the black. Even if a company has a good quarter, it doesn't mean they have a good balance sheet.

When you hear about a company losing a billion dollars in a quarter, do you feel bad for them? How about their shareholders? The families of the people they had to lay off because they are losing money? Did they deserve it because they are an evil big company that is somehow a separate entity from the people who own and run it? Because you think they are somehow greedy and screwing people over?

By the way, the burgers aren't the biggest operating cost of a McDonald's. It's the pizza face kids that throw them out.

I am getting SO tired of this blanket anti-corporate bullsh1t.

link   
He has the right idea, but in my opinion, going about it the wrong way. stealing is wrong. like one guy said, two wrongs don't make a right. BUT...there was the other guy who said for fun that we should steal from the oil companies and distribute it amongst ourselves...because they(oil companies) are the biggest swindlers of all....great idea and i agree...am i a hypocrite? lol..but alas, it all comes down to having an open mind and seeing it from all sides of the cookie right? divide and conquer? were reading it right now on this very thread!!! its young minds like that that the older people on here should really try to see it from his point of view instead of calling him a dirty theif and leaving it at that....

link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab

Originally posted by TechVampyre
reply to post by doctornamtab

Use your head.. Or leave, Simply put.. You are part of the problem..

Actually the problem is that people put up with the corporate buttf*cking that goes on every day. They go home depressed, feeling powerless and impotent.

Fight back...or leave. If you're not fighting back, you're part of the problem.

You aren't protesting though according to your comments, you are taking things that you have no right to - that's theft. Stop trying to justify it, if you want to steal things, have the balls to say you are doing so rather than trying to wrap it in some kind of banner.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Go back to world of warcraft child.

You wouldn't know business or economics if they raped you with gardening tools out in your moms shed.

There is not a single cogent argument for a "living wage". It is emotion based. People (usually low income) want more money so they dont actually have to make something of themselves.

They want things handed to them (much like you do) without actually working for them.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

You wouldn't know business or economics if they raped you with gardening tools out in your moms shed.

There is not a single cogent argument for a "living wage". It is emotion based. People (usually low income) want more money so they dont actually have to make something of themselves.

They want things handed to them (much like you do) without actually working for them.

Thus proving that those who depend on Unconstitutional social programs will never do whats needed to improve there situation, like educating themselves? So many on this thread with their heads buried in the sand?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

OMG I almost shot pepsi out of my nose.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
i haven't noticed anybody put a value on this corporate theft?
are we basically talking pens and pencils, or would it be ok to actually take millions, thus putting people out of work in order for them to make up the loss?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

I haven't seen any given amount of the alleged dollar amount of theft. But regardless, theft is theft.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You call me little boy (and other names) and don't even know me that is your tactic to make yourself seem superior to try and cover the massive gaps in your knowledge. Working with children I see it every day and yours my friend is a classic case showcased in a thread ... if this is what your like in 1 thread on here i would suggest that you just give up because no one will ever take you seriously on this site.

You talk about people not knowing business economics yet you haven't made 1 actual intelligent point about it. I never said one thing about economics and your brining it up in an argument against me ... i have to ask are you in some way mentally challenged because spouting random sentences that have nothing to do with my arguments is super weird.

I have no idea who you are but your unable to have any intelligent conversations you have hardly made a thread without personally attacking people for no reason except they don't agree with your mainstream/masses point of view.

If you actually say something intelligent you might get people to listen to you ... screaming about people being kids and making up fictitious argument because you can't intelligently argue the actual point the person was making is a clear sign of utter stupidity.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

OMG I almost shot pepsi out of my nose.

Ever notice its usually these head-up-ass college kids who think they should have the world handed to them without working for anything?

Soon they will find out their liberal arts degrees dont even qualify them to be a jizz mopper in the local adult store, let alone for a career that will actually pay them anything, They refuse to admit their failures, and start making demands like "living wages", all while typing away on their corporate built computers in their house powered by corporate electricity before they go out and ride their corporate built bike to the local CORPORATIONS R EVIL!!!!!! protest.

Not sure if its the public school system that is responsible for this, or the fact they somehow managed to shoot up heroin in kindergarten and killed what functional brain cells they actually had.
edit on 11-5-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

no one will ever take you seriously on this site.

Given the fact that I noticed you've been hanging around since 2009, and this Viper guy has been here a month or so, and has double the amount of stars, I would have to guess that he knows what he's talking about in some points.

You do realize that economic principles and small and large businesses go hand in hand right? Or did they not teach you that in your University?

edit on 11-5-2011 by Realms because: (no reason given)

link   
It really depends on the behavior of the company of a whole.

Do they have a negative effect on society or the environment?

It is obviously a matter of opinion but not ALL corporations are evil.

link   

I would have to disagree. Most IT jobs require some sort of formal education (computer Science, mathematics, Inofrmational processing or systems analysis, etc.) While anyone can write code, have you seen the cost to copyright it? How about the cost of the computer systems to run it?

Please explain to me how someone making minimum wage ($7.25/hr) is supposed to support themselves (living wage is $8.80/hr) while somehow still able to pay for their education or materials to "educate" themselves as you have put.
Source

And companies not paying taxes? Simple example,
GM Could Be Free of Taxes for Years

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I called you a child because so far you have acted like one in this thread.

You are entitled to nothing. Zero. Zilch. Somehow, in your deluded mind, you believe you are entitled to everything everyone has. You stated you work with children. That likely means you are on the lower end of the income scale. You cant get yours, so you will take someone elses. Is that how it works in your mind?

You are not entitled to food, water, housing, clothing, healthcare, etc etc. If you want it, earn it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Why, does your family need some laughter?

The bottom line here is that people who have a clue will succeed, while people like you (without a clue) will die early in life after eating a steady diet of ramen noodles and 3 week old doughnuts.

The sooner the better, then theres one less person to be exploited

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Stealing is the opposite of wanting things handed to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join