It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rsoe database claims one case of bubonic plague in santa fe, nm today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jcjace

Oh man, i think cdc is baad news. I contracted the h1n1 two summers ago and my doctor wouldnt report me because he said theyre criteria was too laxidazical..my response was shock to the irony of his statement, then he tried to fearmonger me into the vaccine. What a mess.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by apocalypticangel

The CDC is a very debatable entity. In the case of h1n1, media hysteria f*cked everything up. Trust me, the CDC is better than nothing. Without the first few cases of a major disease, no one would know what is happening. Now, big pharma is tied in so yes. There will be drugs and vaccine but at least you can get a count of when and where at the start.

I, refuse to give my kids flu shots, my wife works for government so it's mandatory for her but neither me and my kids ever had one, and low and behold, each winter my wife is sick and we are fine.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
the black plague isn't as serious as it once was....mostly they are carried by rodents as their main infestation ability...and rodents aren't as commonplace as it was back in the medieval and early colonial eras...still a hazard and something to be taken seriously, but as far as epidemic possibilities, it ranks low on that scale.

every year there is some cases reported in the US...thats pretty normal..its out there, just controllable.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by apocalypticangel
. Im also wondering where this person got the plague, its a little bit hard to contract naturally these days right...

We have cases of bubonic plague virtually every single year in New Mexico.

www.health.state.nm.us...

Im just curious if you guys havent lived there long? Or are you just young and only recently started watching the news? Prairie dogs and mice tend to be vectors, and pets (cats in particular) can get the disease too if they come into contact with said mice and prairie dogs.

An article from April of this year when the first three animal cases of plague were confirmed in pets.

www.krqe.com...
edit on 9-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

. Im also wondering where this person got the plague, its a little bit hard to contract naturally these days right...

We have cases of bubonic plague virtually every single year in New Mexico.

www.health.state.nm.us...

Im just curious if you guys havent lived there long? Or are you just young and only recently started watching the news? Prairie dogs and mice tend to be vectors, and pets (cats in particular) can get the disease too if they come into contact with said mice and prairie dogs.

An article from April of this year when the first three animal cases of plague were confirmed in pets.

www.krqe.com...

Very interesting assesment, not young and havent lived here too long. Long enough however to know that the local news only wants to cover gang violence and local corruption. I dont play with cats, mice or prairie dogs either. Actually, i am rather shocked at how common this disease is. So thank you, i learned something new.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Very interesting assesment, not young and havent lived here too long. Long enough however to know that the local news only wants to cover gang violence and local corruption.

I hope you werent offended by the question. I only asked because I was trying to guess how you could live there and not hear about it. I figured it had to be one of the two. (I lived in New Mexico for 15 years.) Its an annual event, for the most part, and then we also have Hantavirus, which is actually more deadly, but which tends to break out in the 4 corners region.

www.hantavirus.net...

In 1993, a previously unknown infectious disease agent was discovered by a task force of scientists in New Mexico.

This disease agent occurs naturally throughout most of North and South America; it is airborne, and in the absence of prompt medical attention, its infections are usually fatal.

Unlike plague which is spread by fleas, hantavirus is most commonly contracted by inhaling aerosolized mouse urine/feces. So, when you clean out the shed, or garage, or other areas where mice may be, wearing a mask cant hurt.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

No offense taken. I had heard of the hantavirus from being in california in the eighties. I guess now knowing that about the plague though, i will pay much closer attention to that here. Honestly, pretty surprising
Info to me still.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by apocalypticangel

She didn't die, we almosy lost her, had we not taken her when we did we would have. But thank you

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I shouldn't worry about this too much.
It pops up everywhere now and again.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I live in SF and i have heard nothing of this sooo idk ^_^

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join