It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raw video of checkpoint arrests - Released to the North County Times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
2 guys go thru a sobriety checkpoint, dont comply, get window broken, now suing...

So who do you think is in the right? The two guys in the car or the police?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

haha wow the 2 guys were spot on i realy hate how were are losing every thing to # like this and 20 bucks says they get the case throwen out of court i realy hope those cops get screwed

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I don't see how these guys have a case. Driving is not a right. It is legitimate for LE to establish checkpoints to confirm that people are properly licensed to operate a vehicle and not driving in a state of reduced ability (i.e. drunk).

As long as the cops keep it at that, and stop ALL drivers that come through, such checkpoints are perfectly legal.

They catch drunks and get them off the road, they catch unlicensed drivers and get THEM off the road. These guys' mistake was making a fuss for this legitimate LE activity.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It was a sobriety checkpoint. The two men knowingly entered a sobriety checkpoint with the sole purpose of resisting. It seems to me that they are at fault.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
By taking part in driving you have to attain a license, which overrides the Constitution by engaging in a contractual agreement. If you want to drive on the public roads, you are subject to "their" rules by contractual agreement that can and does change all the time.
If they were walking on the sidewalk and got harassed by police, that's a different story.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

They were given every chance to comply. On scene, it does not matter if the police are right or wrong, they are in charge. The issue of right and wrong is for the courts to decide. I feel the same way as these two guys do but there was a clear path to them getting on with their night and not having their window broken. They refused to take it. The courts are the place to fight the law.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Looks and sounds like "your papers please." Except these thugs leave out "please"... This is not America anymore!

Does anyone know where this took place? Looks like NYC maybe?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
As far as I understand, if you go into a sobriety checkpoint, you're required to either comply to a sobriety test or face arrest.
If you get pulled over on suspicion of being drunk and refuse to take a breath test, you're in trouble.
If this guy willingly drove into the checkpoint, that was his problem and he wasn't going to accomplish anything by not complying. Furthermore, what did he expect to happen by being the driver and refusing to show ID?

I don't think the police were in the wrong at all on this one.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Without commenting the actions of the driver the passenger has legimate suit. Video even if evidence is still private property. They cant take it just like that. Also it's not like the passenger was drinking and driving

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Ok..I live in a Militant country, but I still can not accept it.
I'm sorry, but for those of you who think the police are right, you've been brainwashed.
Show me..in our US constitution.... where it's ok to do a check point of any kind. Are we not free?

Maybe we should have check points at the end of each of our neighborhoods.
Or better yet, we should all have ankle trackers to keep us all in check.
Why should we have any rights? The police know what's best for us. Yeah...right.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
2 guys go thru a sobriety checkpoint, dont comply, get window broken, now suing...

So who do you think is in the right? The two guys in the car or the police?

The beauty of the Constitution is that it was not written in the language of rocket scientists. Read the forth amendment:

en.wikipedia.org...

The judiciary is allowing these stops contrary to the Constitution. The judiciary thinks the Constitution is an exceptional document -- that is -- full of exceptions. The men in the car were 100% in the right. Unfortunately, the men in uniform have the weapons and the backing of the criminal-organized-disaster running our country.

Our founding fathers did not envision the Constitution under such assaults. And our braindead electorate are letting it happen. Our young people are using swarm techniques for robberies when they should be using these tactics on the police and government.

Bottom line: We can stop this if we choose to.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tyson

Right on!!

Maybe if people would actually read and RE-READ our constitution again..maybe more people would understand how much are freedoms are being ignored.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Sobriety checkpoints meet the reasonableness requirement under the 4th Amendment....Pennsylvania v. Mimms, 434 U.S. 106. I will admit I am not sure of my opinion on this matter.

My face when thinking about this.....

reply to post by tyson

Not attacking you, or disagreeing with you - but what do you suggest people do against the corrupt establishment?
edit on 7-5-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

top topics

join