It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Terror Arrests Near Sellafield Nuclear Plant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Turns out the 5 men involved were Bangladeshi, and that's more than enough to prejudge them as terrorists there and then. So every Bangladeshi photographer in the UK is now deemed a 'terror threat', what a joke.
The sad thing is despite OBL's death 'they'..aka the powers that be..still want the western sheep to act and think like this.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
According to Sky news:

"Sky's home affairs correspondent Mark White said: "From what I understand there was nothing found on them that would give immediate cause for concern that there was any potential attack." But they are still being detained and their homes are being searched.

See full article:

news.sky.com... lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15984577_Terror_Arrests%3A_Five_Men_From_London_Arrested_Near_Sellafield_Nuclear_Site_In_C umbria

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Sorry but out of all the things you can take photographs of, why in the hell do you take photographs of a nuclear power plant? Nuclear power plants are allways situated off the beaten track, so they had to go out of their way to take these photos, the police were right to arrest and question ANYONE, arab, english, pakistani, chinese if they are taking pictures of a nuclear power plant.

Plus, why would they want pictures of a huge heap of concrete, which a nuclear power plant basically is, very suspicous.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
Sorry but out of all the things you can take photographs of, why in the hell do you take photographs of a nuclear power plant? Nuclear power plants are allways situated off the beaten track, so they had to go out of their way to take these photos, the police were right to arrest and question ANYONE, arab, english, pakistani, chinese if they are taking pictures of a nuclear power plant.

Plus, why would they want pictures of a huge heap of concrete, which a nuclear power plant basically is, very suspicous.

It's called industrial Photography. More common than you think, though may not have been the case with the people in question.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
They say not linked to any Al Queda reprisals, but then again would they tell us if it were ?

I think we'd have trouble getting them to stop telling us.

It's obvious they frequently thwack the wasps' nest with a stick just to get things moving. You really don't have to do much to run a grand conspiracy. You just have to nudge and twist a little.

People mostly do the work for you without ever realizing it.
edit on 3-5-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button makes me happy

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD
Turns out the 5 men involved were Bangladeshi, and that's more than enough to prejudge them as terrorists there and then. So every Bangladeshi photographer in the UK is now deemed a 'terror threat', what a joke.

Anyone who looks like they're doing a recce of one of the most highly guarded areas in the UK is going to get lifted. It doesn't matter what their ethnicity is. In case you don't know, the vast majority of terrorists that we've dealt with have been white. Only a couple of weeks ago SRR were watching dissidents taking pictures of various places around London, but I'm sure they were on a sightseeing tour as well.

There's already a thread on this.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah I referenced that thread at the top of this thread, as when I saw this story on Yahoo I thought it was interesting, as they were arrested near a nuclear power station.

So this story could be one of many things...

Knee-jerk reaction to a plausible threat,

Knee-jerk reaction to generate fear,

Knee-jerk reaction to a pre-disposed condition of being a knee-jerker ?!

It is funny cos when you think about it, the all powerful are being rather candid about saying this isn't all over, and that we should remain alert, can we say this could all be false flag ?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Oh really, I didn't know I did do a search for a thread on this, can you provide a link ?

Scrap that I found it ...... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry folks didn't see this one had already been posted 10 hours ago lol

Feel free to jump thread

edit on 3-5-2011 by solargeddon because: Because search function for finding threads already created is flawed lol

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
5 people in a car and one asks to stop to photographers the strange building.
and the police jump on them for being Aruba.
I bet they could have got better photographers of the web!

one time I when with friends to see a band for up north,
as we drove we sore a Big ball building.
some kind of radar?
one ask if we could stop so he could take a photographers.
I Know he and the rest of us are no terrorists.
well we are white...........................

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

i would rather them to be a little too over reactive than to be too complacent.

that said hell is coming theres no question of it they only things left to ask is when and am i going to be a victim of it?

personally i think that when it comes to europe they are in a better place than the us is.

more people hate us than them not saying anything cant happen only time will tell.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Fear, fear & more fear. It was inevitable that the MSM would begin talk of terror & strikes against the western world after the Bin Laden fiasco. This is a ploy to keep the population under control. Listen to us, do as we say & you'll be ok, but watch out, they are out to get us. Im not fooled by it & im suprised others are.
Watch the news at your own free will, but understand it's being designed to keep you watching & more so to make you begin to feel fear. In my eyes its all leading to a new push towards the anti-islamic stuff we endured since september 2001 & it's being perputrated to bring in a new false flag event that will give the bastards public backing to go in to Iran. Fear & control, everyone is a terriost & they will blow us up unless you listen to what we say. Same old story

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well I know all the US Government has to do is run a datacheck through flickr (a favored website for photographers of all spectrums) to see what their true intent is, and past history on Facebook & other net sites. Its still common knowledge however that unless they were trespassing on private land, public photography (of any object, space, building, transportation system) is completely legal and has already been acknowledged by the Police as being so.

Then again during the Derek Bird fiasco I also remember Sellafield employ their own private security, so it could be yet again 2 agencies crossing wires and making 5 from 2+2.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Here it is mate:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Cheers mate, I found it

Wish I had been able to find it earlier lol

Thanks again

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Have to say beauty is definately in the eye of the beholder if a nucelar power plant is considered a photo medium, that said I am sure there is some very arty statement which can be attached to such an image, such as for all its cold strength, lies a vulnerability that can turn out enginuity against us.

That said, I think taking pics of my daughter at our last visit to A+E was worthwhile pic of X-ray, and plastering process included lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join