It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slenderman general thread (don't hate me)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Ok i know firstly that Slenderman was created for a competition in the SA forums and then used in the Marble Hornets (which were a student film project or something...), but as i said in another thread, in my opinion, things can be created by thought if enough intensity is put into the thought itself.

Evidence that supports this: Sub atomic particles will act differently when monitored and thought about by humans, than they will when monitored by machines, the thoughts are believed to be affecting them. This shows that will can affect the world around us at (at least) a sub atomic level.

So yes Slenderman started as a character in a video series, but God, Satan, Angels, all characters in the bible, yet many people believe in them. Shadow people, legend, yet people still believe in them... Just because they're older and more established, it does not necessarily mean they are any more or less credible.

So this brings me to my point. There have been many other (alleged) Slenderman sightings since the videos started, and i personally believe that he (it?) was created from fear and (until it became common knowledge that Slenderman was fake) belief... Belief itself is the most important factor in creating a thoughtform...

So has anyone here actually sighted slenderman? or knows somebody who has...
What's the big deal, what does he actually do?
What is he where did he come from? (just general backstory, speculation, info...)
Any information on him really would be helpful (i would go and watch marble hornets but my sound broke on my computer and i'm only on episode 12 or so...).
Also anything that's been added to his lore but isn't marble hornets related is welcome too...

i'd just love to gain loads of info on him. He's such an interesting figure to me ^_^

and even if he isn't real (which is VERY likely) he's a fantastic figure who's integrated so well into modern pop-culture

edit on 19/4/11 by ZombieFinny because: Uhh... changing something ^_^

edit on 19/4/11 by ZombieFinny because: i don't proof-read so i make lot's of mistakes...

edit on 19/4/11 by ZombieFinny because: more editification

edit on 19/4/11 by ZombieFinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
who the heck is slenderman? he can't be too ingrained into popculture, never heard of him.

The Slender Man is a mythical creature completely created on the Internet which has grown beyond its Internet Urban Legend status to become the target of pictures, fictional stories and videos about “him”.

knowyourmeme.com...

edited to add above text and link.

so basically it's entirely made up. like frodo baggins.
edit on 20-4-2011 by optimus primal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

So this brings me to my point. There have been many other (alleged) Slenderman sightings since the videos started, and i personally believe that he (it?) was created from fear and (until it became common knowledge that Slenderman was fake) belief... Belief itself is the most important factor in creating a thoughtform...

Change "fear" into "beeing a good target for hoaxers due to increased popularity" and you might be nearer to the truth.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Even if he -did- exist, there are too many photos that were originally tampered with for the sheer fact of spreading the Slender Man meme. It would be very hard to distinguish fact from fiction, which is like saying separate two pieces of the same slice of cake. Either way you break it, it's still the same cake (which in this case, the cake is a lie, as is Slender Man.)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
How can a fictional charecter exist that wasnt inspired by anything and "shows up" after they watch a video?
edit on 21-4-2011 by GoldenGolem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieFinny
Evidence that supports this: Sub atomic particles will act differently when monitored and thought about by humans, than they will when monitored by machines, the thoughts are believed to be affecting them. This shows that will can affect the world around us at (at least) a sub atomic level.

edit on 19/4/11 by ZombieFinny because: Uhh... changing something ^_^

edit on 19/4/11 by ZombieFinny because: i don't proof-read so i make lot's of mistakes...

edit on 19/4/11 by ZombieFinny because: more editification

edit on 19/4/11 by ZombieFinny because: (no reason given)

Also, you better back this up with a credible article if you want this to be considered serious.

2nd Line

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Sorry, but as awesome of an e-urban legend he makes, Slender Man was a creation of a forum contest on Something Awful a few years back. The Marble Hornets ARG as well as shopped pictures passed off as "actual" photos on 4chan helped perpetuate the myth. It's quite interesting and fun to watch the story grow, but that's all it is, a story.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
These really doesn't seem worth even talking about in the Cryptozoological section of the boards.

Is there a lame internet meme section I missed?

join