It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could someone please explain my question regarding the Moon's behaviour? Thanks.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

What you say is very strange and others have noticed it too.
Try and contact some observatory and get their opinion.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinoman

Except all your examples cover too small a time frame to be able to see any apparent change. Try finding some videos covering the moon's passage from horizon to horizon.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinoman
Ok everybody on ATS. I just discovered all the proof you need to know something is wrong with the moons behaviour. The moons line of shadow should not rotate through the night as it does now, and to a very large extent. You can see all the moons timelapse videos you want showing how the moon was always compared to now. All the evidence you could wish for on: blueskyfootage.com
Look forward to any replies...

Could you please point out which video you are talking about? There are over 150 Moon videos on that site, and it would be good if we all discuss the same video.

Thanks.

EDIT TO ADD:
It seems that not many, if any, of these (at least not the few dozen I looked at) shows the motion of the Moon through anymore than a few degrees of movement through the sky. It's very hard to imagine what the rest of that motion would be like from these brief videos.

However. I found this one (below) in which I can possibly interpolate what the rising and setting orientations of the Moon would look like. If we imagine th Moon in the video rising, then the dark part probably rose first. If we mentally follow this Moon through to Moonset, we could imagine that same dark part would be among the first parts to set. The only way this would happen is if the terminator appeared to tilt (from the observer's vantage point) as the Moon arced across the sky -- such is in the clock hand analogy in one of my previous posts.

www.blueskyfootage.com...

You can see a little tilt in this brief video, but the fact that a telephoto lens was used makes the amount of "moon path" we see as a very short portion of its movement through the night.

Also, part of your argument is that the Moon has just recently started doing this "tilting" as it moves through the sky, but how can you tell the dates these were made? How do you know these videos were made prior to the time you say this strange behavior began?

edit on 4/15/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Thanks, and i do appreciate your input and I am taking it all in. Im still not satisfied that all is well but im still searching and learning. Im am inclined to believe that such truths in what I believe if true, would need or want to be hidden. So I can be very skeptical with any feedback. But thanks.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join