It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guddafi agrees to end conflict

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by bsbray11

so you'd be cool paying more for gas if Lybia collapsed into total chaos?

also, another note on ur post.
The US only gets about 2% of it's
oil from Libya.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

No, what I'd really be kewl with is if
auto makers gave us an option of
driving vehicles not hooked on gasoline.
Then we all could care less what oil
contracts have to do with anything.

Thanks for speaking for bsbray.
How do you propose moving large shipments of goods with petrol-powered vehicles?
And how do you propose making these non-petrol powered vehicles cheap enough for the public to be able to afford at a level that would begin to actually impact the market place?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Which is it? Are they a ragtag bunch of civilians or highly trained
al queda/muslim brotherhood operatives??

it is a combination of

Civilians
Al Queda
Muslim Brotherhood
and CIA

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

also, another note on ur post.
The US only gets about 2% of it's
oil from Libya.

Ah! Nice catch. And the reason I asked BSBRAY that question was he/she was claiming that the war is 'all about oil'. Why dont we wait and see how he/she answers? is it all about the oil? even though the US gets most of it's oil from N. America?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Because he actually cared about his people and did not want to see Libya taken over by a puppet Corporate democracy

This is before the West interfered and after he bombarded the crap out of his own people apparently.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

This is before the West interfered and after he bombarded the crap out of his own people apparently.

As far as I cant tell, he was only attacking the domestic terrorists that were trying to overthrow his legitimate government.

Thats how they would spin it in any country we like, including the US itself. Let a group of civilians go on the attack in the US, attack the US military and seize its equipment and then see if the MSM makes it sound as if the people doing that are sympathetic "rebel" and the government is "killing its own people" when they knock the snot out of the "domestic terrorists."

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

How do you propose moving large shipments of goods with petrol-powered vehicles?
And how do you propose making these non-petrol powered vehicles cheap enough for the public to be able to afford at a level that would begin to actually impact the market place?

hydrogen fuel cell technology is being suppressed
by big oil to keep us hooked on fossil fuel.

The guy in this video is now dead. His patent
confiscated by the government so it cannot
be used in the private sector. They stole it
so nobody else could use it.

How cheap do you think it would be if every
family in America could fill up their tank with
water from their garden hose ???

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Ok you've made your point.

Now, why doesn't he just have the Swiss turn over that 18 Billion to it's rightful owners The Libyan people since he loves them so much?

I'm sure that will build a few schools, hospitals and feed a few hundred thousand.

edit on 10-4-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Negative, the elites who run the world started these uprisings with two agendas at play.

One, A long time ago we the U.S. told the Arab states that were sitting on all that oil with no way to get it out that We the U.S. would build all the infrastructure they needed for free if they buy our Tea Bills and Bonds. We also promised them that we the U.S. would not pump from our largest reserves and flood the market with oil to keep the price high.

Now that the U.S. economy is hanging by a thread, the price of oil is high and the mid-east has about ran out of oil the elites are done with them. The Arabs reneged and do not buy our Bonds anymore and they do not want to pay for the infrastructure we gave them so we are going to cause these conflicts and ruin their countries.

Two, the elites want this to all be blamed on Israel so these Arab nations will attack them.

The only two nations who never agreed to this initial deal were Iraq and Iran. Think about that one long and hard and you will see the ah ha moment. Russia is protecting Iran so the elites have their hands tied until they can make Iran attack Israel.

Then Israel will then take care of Iran its allies and most of Russia.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Now, why doesn't he just have the Swiss turn over that 18 Billion to it's rightful owners The Libyan people since he loves them so much?

I'm sure that will build a few schools, hospitals and feed a few hundred thousand.

Why is our government spending trillions on wars when its people are suffering the worst economic down turn since the great depression?

That money could have done a lot to fund health care.........etc.
edit on 10-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Ah! Nice catch. And the reason I asked BSBRAY that question was he/she was claiming that the war is 'all about oil'. Why dont we wait and see how he/she answers? is it all about the oil? even though the US gets most of it's oil from N. America?

oil is not the primary reason for this incident
but it is in the top 5 reasons.

1) Rothschilds do not have a central bank in Libya.
They want one to make money from Libyans.
A Rothschild controlled financial system.

2) Gadaffi was taking US Aid and buying weapons
instead of using it for his people.

3) Gadaffi was selling oil outside of the US Petro Dollar.

4) Gadaffi was also using state funds to buy international
contracts that contradicted UN Sanctions by funding
Sarkozy's Presidential Campaign in France.

how far do u want me to go ???

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

As far as I cant tell, he was only attacking the domestic terrorists that were trying to overthrow his legitimate government.

Thats how they would spin it in any country we like, including the US itself. Let a group of civilians go on the attack in the US, attack the US military and seize its equipment and then see if the MSM makes it sound as if the people doing that are sympathetic "rebel" and the government is "killing its own people" when they knock the snot out of the "domestic terrorists."

Well its nice to know that if ever the people of the US rise up against their tyrannous government, we will know what side you are on.......

After all they are a legitimate government, but we do have the right to change that if we so chose, by force if necessary.......

Thank you tho, its nice to be able to tell whose side people are on!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
[I]reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Hey man, why so hostile for a Monday morning?

I didn't say I know so much about this stuff, but if common 9-5'rs are flying from all over to join their friends and family in the uprising, it says to me it must be something these people hold dear.

If the rebels are managing to take towns, regions and battle against tanks and jets, they must have some sort of numbers and equipment.

I think when people rise up against family held rulings that democratic nations must back them. Families ruling over nations should have faded into the history books, just like the English Royal family did.

Now, no doubt that the rebels are being influenced by the west, im sure they are. But I think if people who have been ruled for so long rise up, you need to listen to them. And when the leaders they are rising up against use Jets, Bombs, Tanks and modern day technology then you are required to intervene with a scalpel. You don't want to go in and carpet bomb Tripoli, true it would win the war for the rebels, but it wouldn't be the rebels winning the war for themselves.

If this is a true revolution we need to assist and listen, but stand back.

The rebels must have their own blood spilt, they must lose friends and compatriots other wise this is nothing but a western overthrow.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

edit on 10-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: Not worth it.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The only way to store enough Hydrogen is to use a substance they only use in nuclear bombs. If the U.S. or even Russia gave up the patent on that and let it be produced to make Hydrogen powered cars and trucks the terrorist would not need a car load full of explosive because they would already have a massive Hydrogen bomb!!!!

Thats the only reason why they wont let anyone make the material and you would need a centrifuge to make it.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

reply to post by boondock-saint

without getting too far off topic, and assuming the video and speculation you provide is accurate, do you understand that powering a dune buggy and powering an 18 wheeler are not comparable in terms of calories?

I never said that every vehicle should run on water.
I'm saying it would reduce the demand so much for oil
that the bottom would fall out. Then you could buy
oil for 18 wheelers for $1 a gallon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join