It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Getting Mysteriously Windier

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Everywhere has periods that are windier than normal. It's called weather. Been going on for the past 4,600,000,000 years or so.

The study is about average wind speeds over a long period of time. Not the fact that last Sunday was the windiest in your backyard for several months

For the record, my observations suggest it's become a lot less windy in England in recent years.

Really? I am convinced that it is infact more windier this year that in previous years. Every day i look at the weather on the met office and its gusty here nearly every day!

Even my 5yr old son keeps askin why its windy all the time! Mind you its good for getting the washing dry

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Haven't noticed any increase overall in the last 20 years.

Being a Roofing Contractor the wind plays a critical part in whether we can work or not.
I'm in the lower part of the North Island, New Zealand.
This last Summer was a non-event, being a El Nino year we had very strong winds, persistantly right through from October till just a few weeks ago. There was a lot of drizzle rain this Summer as well.
Normally Sept - Nov are the windy months, being Spring we expect that, but this year it went on for 9 months.
There was the odd calm day, but never more than 2 in a row.
One of our bigger projects this "Summer" was re roofing a 5 story apartment complex, it took 4 months to do what was supposed to be 6 weeks work, just because of the wind ( too dangerous).
The effect will be reflected in our end of year financial result ............bad.

It may be more then El Nino, the forecasters say El Nino is over, yet we just had 5 days of winds persistantly over 40mph.
I just hope that latest one was a change of season blast, there is snow in the mountains now and the next few days are forecast light winds, I don't know if I could take a Winter with high winds as well as the rain

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Student X
When I drove from MN to AZ this month it was as if the wind was following me and fighting me every inch of the way. I get to AZ and the wind is still with me! I was wondering if its just a windy year or if the wind is increasing. Now I lean toward the latter.

Student, I've lived in AZ for many years. It is definitely windier here than usual. In fact, as I type this, the wind is rattling my windows. This isn't normal weather for this time of year. Usually the only time we get lots of wind and rain is during the monsoon season... towards the end of the summer. It's unusual how windy it is here this spring.

<< 1  2   >>

join