It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apr 4, 1968: Dr. King is assassinated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Apr 4, 1968: Dr. King is assassinated

www.history.com

Just after 6 p.m. on April 4, 1968, Martin Luther King Jr. is fatally shot while standing on the balcony outside his second-story room at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, Tennessee. The civil rights leader was in Memphis to support a sanitation workers' strike and was on his way to dinner when a bullet struck him in the jaw and severed his spinal cord. King was pronounced dead after his arrival at a Memphis hospital. He was 39 years old.

In the months before his assassination, Martin Luther King e
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It seems like just yesterday,as a child,I, remember this happening,all races were sad and crying,even my parents.,My thoughts and prayers go out to their families. I,believe he has done a lot for America. I will,say a silent prayer,at 6p.m.to night. I,personally,have learned a lot about race,in USA and the World. I,personally believe the world still hasn't learned. Now,I,do believe we have came a long ways. I,wonder if mankind will ever learn how to get along. God and Jesus had told us to love all,as they have loved us.Hug your child today,tell your family you love them.Be kind to all,help anyone that needs help.The world would be a better place. Thank for listening.

www.history.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
S & F

I'm here in Memphis, about 20mins away from the Lorraine motel.

His assasination was obviously a set up (perhaps MK ultra job) and hopefully they'll air some specials in this tonight , as they usually do.

Even his family has gotten to the point where they don't believe James Earl Ray did it...they say it was conspiracy by TPTB

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
While I love what Dr. King did for the people of this country and others, I don't think this is breaking news.

I gave you a S&F for reminding Americans of their forgotten culture and the people who helped form it.

This should, however, be moved to the proper forum.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I find myself at a loss for words when it comes to this subject.

Most important to me was the fact that he stood for peace, and advocated peaceful protest as a means to communicate truth.

Evidently, that was something that people who disagree just couldn't tolerate.

edit on 4-4-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I feel for the death of the doctor and i am too young to rally behind his plight for all men and not just the blacks. He rallied for all minorities and downtrodden people. I am white and I sypathize. I heard my buddy make a good point as to why you don't hear any real people standing up against the establishment like this anymore is because they are afraid. He asked me" do you know why black people have nightmares?" I replied "no" he said" because they killed the last on that had a dream". I heard that and pondered the implications of such a profound statement. I said "that can't be true, just look at the L.A riots". He stopped me before I said more because he had to make a point that "MLK was not just a gifted speaker but knew how to get the exact result he wanted through peaceful means". He was a patriot because dissent is the highest of patriotism.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Thank you,this was my first thread,I, am learning,thanks again.I,am learning where to post things.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yes,This is a hard subject to talk about. But as you see AMERICA ,HAS AWAKEN UP! Now,I,like the tea baggers have been speaking up,they have done it peacefully. As a Christian,we are to be a peaceful people. I,believe in his dream,like I, said I, am white,also I,believe race should never,be used in anything. God made us that way.I,don't see color,we are all gods children. I,wish things were different,Just remember,it only takes one person to change anything! Never take things for granted. Always look and search for the truth on all things.We,here in USA AREN'T DUMB PEOPLE,WE HAVE WORKED HARD FOR EVERYTHING,WE AREN'T WILLING TO GIVE IT UP EASY! Thank you for listening. I,hope I, can bring things to you,that I,have found and learned over my 54 years. I,plan on taking you on a journey,that god wants us to be on. Everything I,will post here will the truth.I,research everything before,I,post things.,People need to know the truth,not here say. I,am not ashamed to proclaim I,am a CHRISTIAN,I,not afraid to tell anything.Truth needs to be told. Now,if it will hurt someone,no,I,speak to the people first,before I,tell certain things. I,do respect the law,and our Government. I,write my senators all the time,stating what I,think they should know.Actually,honestly today,my governor office,called and said they was going to let our governor look at my letter about the health reform bill. This is a second time that office has called me.I,don't leave them alone.We put them there ,we should be heard,and they should listen.Please speak up to governor and other political people. That is the only way to change. As for Mr.luther,I,believe this case was not done right. It should of not been closed.,anyhow,please,speak up,its your right,you are a American.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

People have forgotten when he died,they only remember his birthday. I,also don't believe,that guy did it,they should of never closed that case. There is a lot of unanswered questions. Well,as for that,people need to speak up,for their rights and what our government is doing,but peacefully.Thank you,for answering this.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
... and it's Michelle the Loon Bachman's birthday..

That's some kind of twisted karmic quadraffle right there.

I'll ask God if we can trade back... but I don't think that's possible.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
MLK.......treat all people equally.......love all of your fellow man....give help to those in need.

I believe all of it and live by it.

S&F for reminding me of why I am the way I am, and most importantly for showing light on a great man, who was not perfect, but was educated, very brave and cared enough to put his life on the line to uproot the bad, in defense of all people.

top topics

join