It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My eyes hurt, but it was worth it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Hello everyone! I have been infrequently stopping by this site for years now. I've always found it to be extremely fascinating and organized, but I've treated it like a cancer for one reason: no one around me appreciates the opinions and ideas this site embodies and contains. (Well, except me, me, and us of course!) Years ago, I started to question the world around me. I became an avid researcher and conspiracy theorist. It almost got me into trouble. I became quite biased and jaded, because of the fabric I thought was pulled over my eyes by the "CONFORMISTS" or "normies". Indeed, some very strange things began to happen. Things you only hear about in the movies. I'll post more about that later. Suffice it to say, I was scared #($&less. Plus my dissension proved to be counter-productive as I became more and more withdrawn and secluded. Needless to say, I found a happy medium. However my trepidation has never fully left me, nor has my curiosity and the firm belief that the general populous has NO friggen idea what is actually going on. That is why this website is so attractive. That is why it is so addictive.

I'm really happy to have finally chewed on the sugary, powdery grit that we "non conformists" ingest!
It would be great to hear from any of you! My tired eyes are always open to new and thought-provoking ideas. I've got a lot of questions, so once I meet my 20-post limit..... the "Hoopinator" says: "I'll be back!"

Hoopinator

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS hope you can fit yourself in easily with the rest of the community!
And I didn't get it but apparently you switched from Conformist to Non-Conformist thanks to this site?
Well you can tell about your stuff in one of the fourms and you can already..
Enjoy your stay.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Welcome hoops.

Years ago, I started to question the world around me.

Mat I ask, did the beginning of your questioning just gradually grow within you or was there some event or specific thought that sent you off in this direction?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Well. I think the realization may have been a culmination of things. I remember thoroughly researching the Illuminati and the Freemasons and soon enough, my apartment was bugged. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if it weren't for some strange circumstances. (my roommate accidentally set my kitchen ablaze). I began noticing strange vehicles following me. I got some disturbing phone calls. I know it sounds outrageous, but it really woke me up. I began to think about things...question things.

I'll post more about it soon. To answer your question though: I've never been very comfortable with the status-quo.

Hoopinator

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

Your avatar's file size is to large could you replace it please and check this link out

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

reply to post by Hoopinator

Hi Hoopinator, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Your avatar is to large as well, can you please replace and also read the link below, thanks

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.
edit on 29/3/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Sorry about the Avatar, Mr. Sir. I became overzealous with the awesomeness of Picard.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Hoop. I look forward to seeing your input on the boards.

Congratulations on making the leap from lurker to member.

top topics

join