It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man dead three years, still paying bills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
www.thelocal.se...

The man, who is reported by the Aftonbladet daily to have been born in 1928, was found when a broadband technician turned up to complete an installation and found the apartment door open.

Exactly when the man died can not be established for certain but police found unopened mail from late 2007 and the food in the fridge was dated early 2008.

Furthermore the man's advanced state of decay indicated that he had been dead for around three years.
The man's pension had continued to be deposited to his account and his bills had been paid by direct debit throughout the time he lay dead in his apartment.

The man is reported to have relatives and police are trying to get in touch with his next of kin, a son.

ATSers to me this is truly sad. This man had family and neighbours. But no one gave a damn. It really goes to show that people do not care these days. What are your thoughts on this matter?

Maybe he was an unlikable person, maybe he was a hermit, but seriously i hope one day someone cares to knock on my door and check on my well being. What is the world coming to. This would not be a unique case.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by whatifitweretrue

dude obviously he didnt twitter his death and how much he loved justin bieberrrrr!!!!!!!!!! lol people suck but who cares he has no worries anymore like the rest of us, hes in a better place

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whatifitweretrue

Sad. They need to have a check-in system for the older folks, like once a year or something. In Japan and other countries with a large elderly population these things happen more often then one would like to admit. You can blame the family break down, but chances are this guy was a recluse. And if you try to pry reclusive people out they just get mean depending how reclusive they are.

The one thing I find odd is wouldn't someone of complained about his lack of keeping up with his yard and stuff? And what about his doctor?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The above poster (re; Twitter) hit on something. If the guy had had a Facebook page, reglarly texted friends, then something might have been done.
But sadly, we have become so involved with social media that no-one just "talks" anymore.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Great idea, i totally agree a check in system would work

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

was found when a broadband technician turned up to complete an installation

And i thought my IP was slow when i needed repair to my line but finely getting around to complete a installation that was started before the guy died in 2008????

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes but i think he was a little old for facebook, plus facebook is dying as well

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP

i can see the funny side to you comment. But this is still the case for a lot of people old and young who are still alive

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
FYI The person most likely to save your life if your have fallen and can't get up or other is your 'postman' not your policeman(who IMHO have become mere saprophytes upon society-give up police work what are you good for? Leg breaking like the city version of the the mafia... oops.. my bad . the mafia actually 'provides' protection' the police only mouth it.) Serious. Do not allow your dogs to alienate the postman they will care enough to save your life if they can .
edit on 28-3-2011 by ..5.. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ..5..
FYI The person most likely to save your life if your have fallen and can't get up or other is your 'postman' not your policeman(who IMHO have become mere saprophytes upon society-give up police work what are you good for? Leg breaking like the city version of the the mafia... oops.. my bad . the mafia actually 'provides' protection' the police only mouth it.) Serious. Do not allow your dogs to alienate the postman they will care enough to save your life if they can .

My mailman will not deliver mail unless your mailbox is out at the street.. I was only getting junk mail anyway
jury duty notices, ECT

My box is next to the front door and i have not got any mail in it for years.
And i use a P O box because i don't want the thieves going through my mail and don't want my VA medications setting in a hot mail box for part of the day.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Beat me to it. A 3 year installation process?

The saddest thing is that nobody missed him.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
wooow, this is crazy, this is the problem of DirectDebits setup, what's why I like spending one our of my life monthly paying bills online manually, some how it makes me feel like I have a bit more control of the situation.

top topics

join