It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting first - and hitting the people they came to Protect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I found a complete article about the US pilot rescue. Sad. I pity the fear of the US military.
Most important of all, I'd like my fellow ATS members to watch and listen carefully to the entire video.

Pilot number one, who was scarcely injured, was taken to the military authorities in Benghazi from where he was quickly handed over to the Americans. But a rescue mission was mounted for pilot number two, and this is where what could have been comic turned sour. Osprey aircraft came in, all guns blazing, assuming – as the American military tends to do – that this was hostile territory.

“We are disturbed about the shooting because if they’d given us a chance we would have handed over both pilots,” said Colonel Sayid. “This shooting created panic.”

“The whole eastern area is under the revolution, it’s well known. Why did this happen? My car is destroyed, my home is damaged,” he said, adding: “We would have just picked the second pilot up and put him wherever he wanted in a safe place. Even the other one, we had a celebration for him.”

I refuse to believe the commanders in charge of Operation Odyssey Dawn are not aware that the target is to protect Libyan civilians.

There is a hidden agenda to this. Time will prove that right.

Article

edit on 22-3-2011 by Jepic because: I had to add information.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
just read it too
sad
you ought to make a bigger splash
this thread is a bit obscure

do the subject justice

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Right, two jets with big dumb bombs were coming to drop off a nice meal for you...i doubt it.
But it exploded and crashed to the ground, so that is nice
but how did it happen?
The people rescue the pilots, then USA shows its true colors and shoots civilians.
Theyre just getting sloppy now, as if it doesnt even matter that the story is getting out.
Enough is Enough already

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Same sadly with many of the Police....their motto is "to protect and serve" but brandish a steak knife from 10~ yards away and most will empty their clip from their.40 s&w on you - center mass! I dont mean to drift off topic but the attitudes of those who are in service at home and abroad are often the same,

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I've been surprised how laid-back posters are on other sites about the bombs Uncle Sam is tossing about in Libya. And news articles are so sterile and 'factual'. They state the bombs are for specific buildings/ targets. D'oh! I kind of doubt anyone is making sure these places are empty. We're probably leaving bodies in bits and pieces all over the place. I detest the war machine of the USA and the suffering and destruction it brings. If Obama wants Gaddafi dead, invite him over here for a nice hot lunch and dispose of him. No need to kill innocent people and leave their country a war-torn mess. Nobel Peace Prize my fat arse.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This kind of confusion should be taken as an omen to get the hell outta there. I have a very bad feeling about all of this. Is this the beginning of WW3?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Yeah I'd like more people to be aware of this, but I don't think it depends on me. It's got more to do with how much activity there is online at the moment.

I thank you for your support towards my thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is not exactly what I heard about this story, something similar though.

abcnews.go.com...

I know the article doesn't discuss the people who were hit by shrapnel, but they interviewed them on the news where they said they were not upset about it and understood why they did it. They also stated how much they appreciate what the coalition is doing for them.

Neither side knew who was who at first and this caused the aggressive behavior.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by topdog30

Not knowing who is who does not justify their actions.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Same sadly with many of the Police....their motto is "to protect and serve" but brandish a steak knife from 10~ yards away and most will empty their clip from their.40 s&w on you - center mass! I dont mean to drift off topic but the attitudes of those who are in service at home and abroad are often the same,

It isn't off topic because more than likely the ones that pulled the trigger will one day be policing our streets feeling tough and invincible.

They only had to deal with the dirt-bag for a couple of minutes, we get him for life.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
reply to post by topdog30

Not knowing who is who does not justify their actions.

I guess you and I will agree to disagree.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

Have you served with those here and abroad?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
maybe he is the guy you are supposed to serve

a taxpayer

top topics

join