It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father takes responsibility, turns his own children into police for bullying

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think this was a smart move on the parent's part.

You know it's one thing to tell your kids it's wrong to do something, or wrong to act a certain way. But it's so much more powerful to make them come face to face with society's rules and how they will be treated as an adult.

~Aura~

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Haha, way to go to this father! Hopefully these kids will learn their lessons and not get chewed up in the meat grinder of a legal system the world has.
edit on 3/20/11 by totalmetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

oh save it, bullying happened a long time before grand theft auto.
most chavs who hang about in gangs dont even play video games because they spend all their time on the streets with their gangs while their parents are at home drinking themselves into comas.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
anyone noticed the video games these days? shootings, stabbings. using auto's to kill, stealing, the worst kind of warfare, people being blown apart, chopped up, driven over, no wonder kids are so mean and slap happy.

I know it was much better back in the late 80s when we played family happy games like Nuke War, Death Track, Fallout and the likes.

No one died in tho... Oh wait...

Hmm

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
reply to post by Xcathdra

I don't give a crap for sharria law or whatever the hell you call that. I don't even really know what that is.

All I know is that the best way of making someone realise that what they are doing is bad, is to make them go through the same thing as their victim. Except if what they did to their victim is extremely bad, then this concept does not apply.

Oh it's the best way is it? Seems it didn't work 1000 or 2000 years ago as we've changed form those days of barbarity.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Father of the year, instead of it mostly ALWAYS going to a celebrity, this guy takes the cake.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Some dad this moron is. I disagree with all of you claiming this guy did the right thing.

My dad and/or mother would have grabbed me by the ear, forced me to help the poor kid up, take him/her to the hospital, sit there until fixed and then taken him/her home to confront the other parents. Then I would have been forced to pay for the bill some how some way. Then I would have been grounded, forced to do endless chores in addition to finding a way to pay off the bill I now owed.

This moron just sent his kids to jail. Gods, you don't call the cops unless you just hate someone and want to ruin their life. This man is pathetic and deserves the children he has.

It's called "Take responsibility" not pass it off to the state to handle and jeopardize your kids further with your poor parenting skills.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kargun
I love this story. With the whole feminist movement children now a days don't get real punishment, they get a "TIMEOUT"

Excuse me, am I reading this correctly?

I find this comment to be ignorant, sexist, and factually inaccurate. You do realize that women make up (roughly) half the population and that most of us work very hard whether it is through our careers, educations, or raising children? Heck, we even have suffrage now! This has nothing to do with feminism whatsoever.

I think the father did the right thing. To insinuate he was a negligent parent (the excerpts do not even mention the mother) because his teens committed a violent act against a younger teen is at minimum shortsighted. I don't have kids, but if I did and I caught them doing something like this, there would be a trip to the police station and a family therapist brought in to get to the root of the problem. There would be no "time out in the corner". There would be the judge, whatever sentence they got, and when they finished paying their debt to society, they wouldn't be getting any privileges such as a car/permission to date/hang out with friends, etc., out of me. It would also likely result in a lifelong breach of trust.

I wasn't really bullied as a kid. Other kids made fun of me for various things, sure. I had no tolerance for it then and I don't now. Strong words, a thick skin, and the fact that I was the tallest kid in the class probably went a long way. My kids, if any, will be spoken to about the issue well in advance. The kid with glasses didn't deserve to have his jaw broken just because he was different. I really hope he's OK.

Our teachers need to be educated themselves and work together with families to ensure safety in our schools. Communication is the operative word. Parents need to tell their kids that such behavior will not be tolerated, and enforce appropriate, nonviolent punishment as deemed necessary.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I used to get bullied then I started bullying the the kid bullied me because he didn't know that I wait till the time is right then I strike and I was stronger then him that also he didn't know but after I kinda felt bad about because I bullied him all the from 4th to 6th grade but he bullied me from third to forth grade. I kinda went over board so I'm glad to see that father did that its smart and it teaching them a lesson. And how do you bully someone with your little sister? Pathetic.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by totalmetal

That picture kind of scared me until I realised the child was photoshopped onto the surfboard.

And it seems that the Casey case has really set things in motion.
I hope to hear more people taking affirmative action against bullying and unprovoked physical assaults on minors.

edit on 21-3-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Jepic

The point is to prevent the bahvior before it occurs, which means as a parent you would need to be active in your childrens lives, teaching them right form wrong, preferably before the situation arises. If the children are not taught that its wrong to not only bully a person, but to break their jaw in the process, then what makes you think corrective action will work?

That bassackward argument is the problem, not the solution.

Prevention works a lot better than blaming the problem on something else later on. At least in the first one, all partioes might actually learn something, where if we use your argument, no one has learned a thing, inluding the parent, because, again, blame is being placed on the kids instead of where it belongs - on the parents.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

I am so sick to death of parents always being blamed for the stupidity and or violence of some kids- teenagers- do you have children? Cause I tell ya what it isnt just about what you teach them, its what the school teaches them, its what their peers teach them, its what society teaches them, its the enviroment they grow up in, and its about the kind of person your child WANTS to be... You can teach your child good morals and the proper way to act towards others, but if they decide one day when your not around that they are going to be little s##ts, like the two in the op, then how is it that the blame falls directly on to the shoulders of the parent? These "kids" were seventeen and fifteen, not seven and five, in my books that means that they are able to understand the difference between right and wrong which means the consequences of their actions goes straight to them. My mother was a darn good mother who taught me right from wrong, when I chose to go "off the rails" so to speak as a teenager was she to blame for MY choices? Is it her fault I never finished school? Is it her fault I chose to party instead of take responsibility for my life? Of course not! I chose what I chose despite my upbringing, and heres the clincher, I also chose to buck up my ideas and get my life back on track and be a good mother for my child...
There was a doco I saw once about a married, middle class, couple who adopted twins from Romania. These two girls were born in abject poverty, appalling conditions, but were given a wonderfull oportunity for a happy life in New Zealand, they grew up on a farm in the same kind of comforts most middle class children grow up with, and from what anybody could tell, they were happy. Then one day, at fourteen or fifteen I think it was, they just runaway, they decided they would rather live on the streets getting high and gods knows what than live within the rules of their household. Their parents did all they could for them, but at the end of the day those girls chose what they chose and one of them lost her life for it. Because you cant force your children to make the right decisions, you cant force them to be good upstanding citizens or whatever you think parents should be able to miraculously do, you can teach, guide, show, be as best a role model as you can, but at the end of the day they will choose what they will choose.....
All we can do is try and make them understand what the concept action-reaction means in the real world, and this man from Brisbane did just that, and that to me says good parenting.

You have no right to judge

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Children nowadays need to get some serious parenting from their parents
.....I remember back in my day...whenever I'd done something wrong and my dad found out later on....man, he would grap anything in his vicinity to beat the crap outa me (except knife for obvious reason). And he would sit me down and show me "why" afterward.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
So good to see a parent stepping up and doing the right thing... Perhaps now these bullies will learn there lesson and cut out there crap!

Way to go to this dad!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
By the sounds of this his kids are spoilt - and he's well aware of that.
Usually spoilt kids can talk their way around their parents but in this case not, I'd love to know more about this guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join