It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friedman Destroys More Dirty Hippies – Responsibility To The Poor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
While we all know Friedman was a dumb ass when it came to monetary policy, he was absolutely golden on the issue of social welfare.

Listen to Friedman destroy yet another dirty hippie in this epic smack down.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Dirty hippie? C'mon man, that is offensive, and that guy did not look anything like a "hippie." You do want people to learn about subjects you bring onboard and appreciate your angle, no? Well remarks like that can stop one in their tracks and turn them off to your message/perspective. At least I now know where you stand on things...so be it !

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
While we all know Friedman was a dumb ass when it came to monetary policy, he was absolutely golden on the issue of social welfare.

Listen to Friedman destroy yet another dirty hippie in this epic smack down.

I certainly support hard work and individual responsibility. For example, I don't believe anyone should be able to spend food stamps on soda and 'junk foods' either. If you want luxuries, get a job. Each of us is responsible for our own success and the gov't should have nothing to do with that success.

But your original post makes you sound like a bit of an ignorant fool.
edit on 17-3-2011 by Hawking because: Took out video

edit on 17-3-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hey, John Galt...just checking in to say I knew this was your thread by glancing at the title. You are still in form.

Last week I learned that al greenspan was under Little Ayn's skirts, up to his ears. Sort of gives a different perspective on Utopia.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
More glib pronouncements from a man on Mt. Olympus. Back in 77, the falsehoods of his theories were much less discernible then they are today. His theories and the theories which have come out of the Chicago School of Economics have turned our once mighty nation, into the financial mess we are in today.

Listening to him here is like listening to Coach Schula before the Super Bowl game with the Forty Niners. We will win and here's how we will do it. They lost something like 56 to 13 and that was only because the Niners had mercy on them.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

While Friedman's Chicago economics weren't good, they certainly aren't what turned us into the flaming disaster zone of debt we have today.

Trying to blame our present problems on Chicago school economics is a raging joke.

There is only one economic theory that our government has followed throughout these years, neo-Keynesianism.

The dollar is about to implode because of our government's spending and the Fed's money printing.

It is people like you that are cheering it on to the bitter end.

Now we shall all suffer the same fate as the Zimbabweans.

edit on 17-3-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

How you manage to jump to the conclusion of tossing me in with Keynesian cheerleaders, from my little add onto your post is beyond me. Be that as it may I hold that underplaying the effect of the toady economists and neo-conservatives aggressively radiating out into the porous economic system held together by blind adherence to Keynesian Theory is to misinterpret the frantic acceleration, direction and demise of this capitalist system as we know it.

I have no intention of drawing swords over this issue with you. My revulsion with the tendrils of fascism griping the throat American economics leaves no room for petty bickering at this time in history. Blaming people like me for the worlds economic woes is so far off the mark that one might as well blame any relatively unknown economic theorist whose concepts have been washed to the back eddies time. Marx for instance,,,or.

Certainly we are in it, and we both know what is right around the corner. What I DO believe we need to agree on is once the anarchy has taken it's toll, we will need all the experienced eyes and minds we can muster to watch not only each others backs but each other as well for what will be lurching from the chaos and slouching towards Bethlehem to be born.

Man, I was just trying to help the thread along. Sorry.

top topics

join