It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Muslims Find Defending Themselves Exhausting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

US Muslims have no more reason to defend themselves than idiot so-called Christians do.

idiot so-called Christians?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
edit: To be less personal. No attack on you meant, whyamIhere.

reply to post by whyamIhere

Why should ordinary Muslims be expected to stand up and decry the crimes of other people?

I'm sorry, but I don't see in any way how one can arrive at this demand, unless one begins from a position of ignorance or bigotry. Some muslims attacked the world trade center, and so all Muslims are responsible for apologizing and condemning their actions? This only makes sense if you presume that all Muslims are somehow complicit in the attacks and that their apology means something. It doesn't. It doesn't mean anything for Muslims to apologize or condemn the attacks because none of them (living) committed the attacks. Should all Christians be expected to answer for the crimes of Baptist terrorists in India?

It only makes sense to make special demands on the Muslim community if you think that they somehow have a greater responsibility for the attacks than anyone else.

Does anybody get what I mean? Mohammed down the street is no more guilty or complicit than Joe up the road. Why is so much pressure placed on Mohammed to make every moment of his waking life dedicated to attacking Islam and/or terrorists?

And what, exactly, is gained by ordinary Muslims coming out and saying 9/11 was bad? First of all, there WAS a strong Muslims response AGAINST the attacks, when they happened. I shouldn't need to cite the tired example of candlelight vigils in Tehran. Why should Muslims be expected to continue to condemn these attacks? Why should anybody care about 9/11? I certainly don't. I joke about it regularly. Should I be apologizing and condemning it?

The real question here is: Why can't Americans get over 9/11 and stop mourning and bitching and moaning about it?
edit on 13-3-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Thank you for the respectful reply:

I really don't know what I expected after 911. Every single Muslim I know is peace

loving and owes nobody an apology over 911. I guess I kind of expected the Muslim

Clerics to speak against it (again, I realize the had nothing to do with it). The Japanese

by contrast were ripped from there homes. Thrown into camps. Then became some of

our best. I am very hopeful our Muslim brothers will share the same great future.

reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

edit on 13-3-2011 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join