It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people in America like to think they're better than everyone else?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ariess
It could be our complete dominance in economy, entertainment, sports, military, and everything else over the past 100 years.

What planet do you live on? That is Propaganda 101 my friend.

From my perspective, as an Aussie I MUCH prefer British TV than dumbed down American crap, last time I checked Americans don't play Rugby League or Cricket or anything else that most Aussies and Europeans love to watch (and btw racing cars around in a circle IS NOT racing - its a glorified demolition derby), last time I checked it is the British and Aussie SAS that trains your Special Forces and the only reason your Dollar is considered to be the reserve currency is because of a bunch of corrupt bankers holding the public over a barrel.

That about sums it up for me.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
People in America don't think there better than everyone else.....they know they are lol. Besides it's just nationalism people taking pride in there country happens in every country.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

Why did you feel that the words "in America" were necessary here?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Krysties.
You have valid points. You can keep your cricket and rugby . We Americans took those games one step farther and created BASEBALL and FOOTBALL.

That's what we do. CREATE.

More engineering schools with higher ranking then any other country.
www.usnews.com...

Basically,foriegn country's send their smartest and brightest here to the States for an education, and go home with the new gained knowledge. (Our k-12 education programs are weak..we're trying to fix it)

Best music industry.

Best movie industry.

Best Conspiracy Site ever created(Hehehe)

Best relief for impovershed countries, or international disasters. OK OK here's where we get dicey....do it OUR way and we'll give you some dough..we kinda suck like that with our politics..but.hey..as Americans? We GIVE away a lot a dough...

(NOT going to say best T.V. Industry,but hey, we got Charlie Sheen,you can have him)
WORST news reporting in the free world. Hey..we know that..Is'nt that part of the reason we come here? For a different perspective? Chemtrails is a great example. Does'nt matter which side your on...Your going to get different opinions with facts.Pick a side on that one.

We have the WORST politics in the free world. At least other countries KNOW its a rigged setup. We pretend every voting season all will be better,then attack whoever is elected within 2 years of office. We're great at it.And we suck at it.
We have the WORST war machine. Most Americans still have no clue why we're the worlds law enforcement adgency. We don't really want to demand our morals by guns or force around the globe.
We LOVE our soldiers though.

I really don't think most Americans think they're better then the rest of the world. We're pretty busy over here trying to work, to get ahead... We ARE tying to figure out how to "retool" America and stay competitive in the world workforce... That IS a national thing. That we ALL agree on.
We're trying to figure out how.
If that means Google and G.M have to sell products in other markets and other countries? How much dough will it bring HOME. None? Then I don't care if they expand.
If it does'nt help me or my country but only a corporation? I'm not too excited.
Does it help a 3rd world country stand on its own 2 feet? That gets grey with us shoving our opinions down their throats for money..

We're not perfect..by a long shot..but we strive for perfection.
And the word arrogant IS part of our vocabulary. So is humble.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

How can you make a whole generalization about almost all the people in a single culture about something like that?

Everyone here likes to think that we're the capital of diversity, and, that we're so great and so much better than everyone else.

Generalization.

I really don't understand how people can do this and just act like they're so ultra-progressive, but they're really not!

Generalization.

The problem is that they think that they're better than everyone else, and, that's what really bugs me.

Generalization.

...but, I won't generalize a whole group of people...

If America is full of people who make generalizations, then you, sir, are our king.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
Krysties.
You have valid points. You can keep your cricket and rugby . We Americans took those games one step farther and created BASEBALL and FOOTBALL.

Not meaning to sound like an ass but you created games that only Americans enjoy playing and watching. Yes, there are some international teams that play your sports but you'd be hard pressed to find a free to air tv station that airs the games outside of the US.

And I'm not even going to get started on the fact your 'football' players wear armour :p

Best music industry.

Two words- Justin Beiber.

Best movie industry.

One word (actually more of a number....) - 2012.

Best Conspiracy Site ever created(Hehehe)

ATS is an international website as has been discussed many times over by the moderators here. It was actually created by a Pommie if memory serves me correctly (Pommie is Aussie for Brit fyi).

I really don't think most Americans think they're better then the rest of the world.

You should see them when they are in other countries like Australia or pretty much ANYWHERE thats not the U.S. I've met very few Americans who don't carry an air of 'Our country is better than yours" when they walk around our streets.

And the word arrogant IS part of our vocabulary. So is humble.

I see MUCH more arrogance than humility and humbleness (sp?). What most Americans don't realise is that its precisely that arrogant attitude that people from around the world detest.

Like I said, not meaning to be an ass but sometimes people think they have taken off the rose-coloured glasses and yet they still maintain that trait.

EDIT TO ADD:

Krysties.

It's Kryties, not Krysties. 1 too many "S's"

edit on 5/3/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

That's what we do. CREATE.

More engineering schools with higher ranking then any other country.

I'm sure you meant "higher ranking than any other country"?

How about these latest ranks? Though you appear 14th in the graphic below; the wash-up of the averages left America in a lowly 17th place in the world ranking.

America Ranks 17th in The World.

Basically,foriegn country's send their smartest and brightest here to the States for an education, and go home with the new gained knowledge.

Did you mean, "Basically, foreign countries send their smartest and brightest here..."

They also send their smartest and brightest to Europe and Australia, where apparently the ranks in reading, maths and science are much higher than the USA.

Go figure ehh!

IRM

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

coz we are!

simple, we are fatter, smarter, faster, more violent, better looking, more humble,

work harder, still smarter, richer, deadlier, more generous, did i say more intelligent and better looking?

have better tv shows and you lose coz you asked this stupid question.

we have charlie sheen and me.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

If you think they're bad you're obviously not noticing french tourists.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Gawd I hope you are joking :p

It's late here and ye olde brain isn't working too well so I'm just making sure :/

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Lol, I probably notice Americans more because it seems like they get microphones implanted in their throats at birth.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I've actually tried searching for education abroad. Europe, at the very least, has very few technical universities. I could only find colleges that mostly offered humanities or social sciences and a few in the pure sciences, but it was hard to find universities offering degrees on Computer Engineering. Dunno about Australia though.
edit on 5-3-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

lol, yes but we are better looking!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

/breaks out the Bryllcream and a hairbrush.......

I dunno, all that plastic surgery that Paul Hogan had has made him quite beautiful. Having said that I am now going to go and tear out my eyeballs and use them for marbles.......

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Justin Beiber Ouch. That hurt.
I meant our Public Relations people are the best at turning out teenybopper sensations.

BOY are we good at it.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

I've actually tried searching for education abroad. Europe, at the very least, has very few technical universities. I could only find colleges that mostly offered humanities or social sciences and a few in the pure sciences, but it was hard to find universities offering degrees on Computer Engineering. Dunno about Australia though.
edit on 5-3-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

You could not have looked very hard,there is loads in the UK alone not to mention the rest of Europe.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

lol, i did like his neckless of croc teeth.

ol paul is cool, hey! we made him a star!

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by biggilo

I guess the costs turned me off, and I don't speak Russian, because if I did I would want to study there. They churn out very good scientists, programmers, and mathematicians.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
"One of the founders of ATS is a Brit"

Yeah..but he lives in U.S. now by choice.

England has Stonehedge which has been trampled to death. For centuries.

We have Trout Lake which will soon be turned into a theme park complete with flying saucer rides.

ANOTHER great idea by an American to exploit,,,, for the sake of cash.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

I was going to say Lady Vomit....errm I mean Gasp.....no....Gaga that's it, but the Beibster is like a blow below the belt - a one punch knockout - so I went for him instead :p

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join