It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle rages over Libyan oil port

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Battle rages over Libyan oil port

english.aljazeera.net

The Libyan air force has bombed the oil refinery and port town of Marsa El Brega as battles between forces loyal and against Muammar Gaddafi raged in several towns across the North African country.

"We just watched an air force jet ... fly over Brega and drop at least one bomb and huge plumes of smoke are now coming out ," Al Jazeera's Tony Birtley said on Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well, wonder how the oil markets are going to react to this. I also wonder what is going to happen when the riots start in Saudi Arabia (as it is, I see facebook groups starting up, people getting organized to start protesting)

So what does everyone think the States is going to do? They don't have enough troops to send in, do they?

No matter what happens, Gaddafi isn't going to step down or go into exile - Libya is more then likely going to erupt into civil war.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Why cant any of these reporters get actual footage of these jets dropping bombs.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The markets will probably drop 150-200 points tomorrow.

It will be interesting to watch the Asian and other eastern markets tonight.

When Saudi Arabia seriously erupts with protest, it will be time to fill your tank and get whatever supplies you can because it will be only days after that the world economy starts to fall apart. It started happening when oil was still available at $150 a barrel, and if the Saudis start to revolt, you can guarantee $200-$300 a barrel.... far more than most of us could afford just to get to work.

Oil = currency.

~Namaste
edit on 2-3-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
Why cant any of these reporters get actual footage of these jets dropping bombs.

Here you go:

www.cnn.com...

pffft...that isn't even the one I meant to post... They have a video on the main page at cnn.com right now showing a bomb dropping, but the article it points to has the video linked. I have no idea why they didn't just put the video in the article..
edit on 2-3-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
With 100% certainty I see an explosion in an empty field.

With somewhat less certainty I see a bombing initiated by a bomber. In an empty field.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Gas went up ten cents just a couple of hours ago here in Anchorage. Filled up, drove by an hour later and it was ten cents more.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by aarys

agreed after all there is CNN, ABC, FOX MSNBC on the grounds if the media is really live from Libya how come there has been lacking of videos of these so called bombing run offs?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Oh, it seems that the international oil price will soar if violence keep existing in Libya,so please stop it !

top topics

join