It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.3 Earthquake in New Zealand!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

6.3 Earthquake in New Zealand!

news.ninemsn.com.au

Local network TV3 reported that up to 200 people were inside the Pyne Gould Guinness Building on Cambridge Terrace when the earthquake struck at 10.51pm (AEST).
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.ninemsn.com.au
news.ninemsn.com.au
[url=http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.aspx?v=2&cp=-43.568279205232756~172.76280976123812&lvl=12&dir=0&sty=r&cid=BF8857CE507FFC83!307]www.bing.com[/u rl]

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hey guys im brand new around though i have been watching for a few years now, and only now do i have the courage to post, though today i bring sad news...
im also unsure if this has been posted,
mods feel free to move/delete

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomSnake

Police now confirm that 2 buses were crushed with falling debris... This is really sad Christchurch is a beautiful city and they are still recovering from the last round of earthquakes. Do they know if this is normal fault activity? Was this caused by the Magnetic field disturbance from the x2 flare last week? Any geologists on here?

Live feeds and stories coming out of Christchurch
edit on 21-2-2011 by Shirak because: To add earthquake link

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomSnake

Hey guys im brand new around though i have been watching for a few years now, and only now do i have the courage to post, though today i bring sad news...

Welcome to ATS, and good for you to have faced your fears and posted here.

See it's not so bad. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts on ATS.

Let's hope everyone is OK there.
edit on 21-2-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
MASSIVE QUAKE ā€“ not necessarily in magnitude but destruction and acceleration of land speed. I have just been talking with my brother who said this was much, much worse than the original earth quake of 7.1 in September. He said that he watch a car full of people get crushed flat and a whole 7 story building drop down to ground floor. There were literally hundreds of people working in the building at the time. They are expecting hundreds if not thousands dead, and Iā€™m not fear mongering ā€“ just being realistic. The liquefaction is apparently just phenomenal. The hard rock which is heavier than water forces the water up. There are reports of rivers running down the street, and houses sunk into their land. There are fires raging in the city and suburbs and they are pulling body after body from the local YHA hostal, which was full of back packers at the time of the quake. There have been reports of 5+ magnitude aftershocks. Many of the building collapsed because of cracks which still existed from the previous big quake. This is New Zealand worst ever natural disaster...

Just tragic.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Please post in this earlier thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join