It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New photo of 'English Nessie' hailed as best yet!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Pictures of a mysterious creature surfacing from Lake Windermere have been hailed as the best ever sighting of the English Loch Ness Monster, or "Bownessie".

Mr Pickles said he saw an animal the size of three cars speed past him on the lake and watched it for about 20 seconds.

He said: “It was petrifying and we paddled back to the shore straight away. At first I thought it was a dog and then saw it was much bigger and moving really quickly at about 10mph.

“Each hump was moving in a rippling motion and it was swimming fast.

“Its skin was like a seal’s but it’s shape was completely abnormal – it’s not like any animal I’ve ever seen before."

Mr Pickles’ companion Sarah Harrington, 23, said: “It was like an enormous snake.

“I only saw it for a few seconds but all I could think about was that I had to get off the lake.”

Mr Pickles's picture perfectly matches the description of an earlier sighting from the shores of Wray Castle in 2006 by journalism lecturer Steve Burnip.

He said: “I’m really pleased that someone has finally got a really good picture of it.

“I know what I saw and it shocked me, it had three humps and it’s uncanny the likeness between this and what I saw five years ago.”

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Are you kidding me? Best yet? I surely hope not. There's nothing in this pic what so ever that suggests that this is 'Nessie'. Why would you even post this? lol..

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Nessie is a legend....to pull in tourists to this remote area of scotland...they gotta make a living like all of us, and if you can make up a myth about a ancient sea creature....job done

That picture shows nothing....all it shows is a black object in what appears to be water. It could have been taken anywhere...whys it in black and white???? This isnt the 40s, everyone has a colour camera.
Unless it was edited..which makes you question...why black and white? theres always a reason...probably to show the least amount of detail as possible so the person who took the photo can just blag his way through some made up story.

There is NO WAY that if there was a massive creature living in this loch it wouldnt have been discovered, killed and exhibited. Scientists have used sonar on the loch...found nothing. People have been looking for years...and found nothing. Why??? Because its a myth

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Nessie is a legend....to pull in tourists to this remote area of scotland...they gotta make a living like all of us, and if you can make up a myth about a ancient sea creature....job done

That picture shows nothing....all it shows is a black object in what appears to be water. It could have been taken anywhere...whys it in black and white???? This isnt the 40s, everyone has a colour camera.
Unless it was edited..which makes you question...why black and white? theres always a reason...probably to show the least amount of detail as possible so the person who took the photo can just blag his way through some made up story.

There is NO WAY that if there was a massive creature living in this loch it wouldnt have been discovered, killed and exhibited. Scientists have used sonar on the loch...found nothing. People have been looking for years...and found nothing. Why??? Because its a myth

...took the the words right off thy keyboard! 100% agree with your statement, there is no possible way with the technological advances we now have that this big ol mystery lizard wouldn't have been seen by now.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Lake Windermere is in the lake district. This has nothing to do with Loch ness, maybe you should try reading the actual article.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

It's not Nessie from Loch Ness Scotland, it's Bownessie, from Lake Windermere, England.

A very popular tourist area that doesn't need a monster to attract people. It's the largest lake in England and part of the Lake district.

It has been one of the country’s most popular places for holidays and summer homes since 1847

en.wikipedia.org...

I doubt there's a monster there though lol.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Oh my god!
You loon!
You ham fisted maladroit!
How dare you post a picture of an scientifically unproven object in a thread!
You've proven nothing you fool !
May the fleas of a thousand cryptids infest your pox ridden tinfoil hat.

Damn the Nessie fans to Hell.

Er,
Uh, sorry. Got caught up in the kneejerk reactionary heat of the moment.

Interesting picture.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I don't think Scottish ATS members will appreciate their beloved nation as being declared "English"

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I've spent a lot of time at lake windermere, and my dad used to drive the big tourist boats (Tern, Teal and Swan) there between Lakeside, Bowness and Ambleside - he's never seen anything untoward in the '10 miles of magic' as it's often referred to!

Plus when he'd start each morning around 6am the lake would be so still it'd look like a giant mirror, anything moving in the water would be very noticeable! Sorry, but there ain't no monsters lurking in lake windermere!!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Arken

I don't think Scottish ATS members will appreciate their beloved nation as being declared "English"

Of course not.
But lake Windermere is in Cumbria not in Scotland en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by exdog5
Someone beat you too it

Hoooops. Thanks.
Yes, someone beat me... Thread already exist.
Sorry Mods.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

ahhhh sorry lol
I read loch ness monster and naturally assumed....it was in loch ness
So he travels eh...il have a check in my pond incase hes decided to come hold up here for a bit while this dudes looking for him again haha

Either location....it would have been found by now, thousands of people look for it each year, thousands of people fail to find anything.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I've been to Loch Ness and its Massive . If there was something there I couldn't see it
Worth going to Scotland for the scenery and freshest ever air even without Nessie.
Who knows what lurks there .

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Please direct your comments to the existing thread.

join