It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming could increase diseases originating from water sources

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Global warming could increase diseases originating from water sources

www.rawstory.com

Several studies have shown that shifts brought about by climate change make ocean and freshwater environments more susceptible to toxic algae blooms and allow harmful microbes and bacteria to proliferate, researchers from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said.

In one study, NOAA scientists modeled future ocean and weather patterns to predict the effect on blooms of Alexandrium catenella, or the toxic "red tide," which can accumulate in shellfish and cause symptoms, including paralysis, and can sometimes be deadly to humans who eat the contaminated seafood.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It seems like a domino effect of disaster that 'climate change' brings with it. Whether or not you believe this is global destabilization and not technically 'global warming,' mother nature seems to have lost its balance.

The sea is our largest food source, and comprimising it will really put food shortages into perspective. This makes the Gulf Oil spill look like child's play in comparison.

Could this be why food poisoning is on the increase?

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-2-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

It sounds strange be seeing these informations makes a
pop into my mind. It strangely relate to the conspiracy of the eugenics concerning toxic food to reduce population. Maybe it's just a coincidence but still a strange one and in a very small ammount of time between the two's. I'm assuming this as the absolute thruth but you'll tell me what you think about it.

Here's the link to the thread about eugenics and stuff relating to it. :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I don't believe the illuminati are causing global warming to decrease the population. If it happens in cycles, this is the result of nature. However I think we've contributed something to it as well.

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

It sounds strange be seeing these informations makes a
pop into my mind. It strangely relate to the conspiracy of the eugenics concerning toxic food to reduce population. Maybe it's just a coincidence but still a strange one and in a very small ammount of time between the two's. I'm assuming this as the absolute thruth but you'll tell me what you think about it.

Here's the link to the thread about eugenics and stuff relating to it. :

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It's interesting how all these things are connected. Like you said it's like domino effect.

If there's on thing I hate it's these people going around saying Global Warming is just a myth.

All you have to do is open your damn eyes and look around at the natural disasters taking place to see that something is off with mother nature.

If we don't make a collective effort in stopping global warming the affects it has on nature will just grow worse and worse by the day. Until eventually we all die.

Think these people are being payed by oil companies to spread these lies. Disinfo agents, no doubt

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i dont believe 100% in those "scientific" studies or survays that they do, for an example, one they they tell you eating an apple a day is good for you in some way then the next they say its bad for you in another way. they constantly contradict themselves all the time with these kind of stuff. esp those "could" studies....
ya just have to use your own instinct and judgment on these im affraid.
edit on 19-2-2011 by scoobyrob because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

I don't think there is a argument of whether or not there are earth changes and climate extremes in temps. are occuring. We have fish and birds freezing in the Gulf from unseasonably cold water temps. this winter. It rarely gets this dang cold and snowey down here!

The legitimate question is: what is causing these earth changes and strange weather? That is where there is speical interests - spinners - working overtime use the chaos for profit. We have the UN and algore and his pals trying to blame it on human life and oil use for their own profit in the creation of that carbon commodies market and global level taxation on energy to establish New World Order funding, and on the other side we have the oil industry just denying anything is happening so they don't lose their market share in the world to algore and his pals.

The question is: Why are we having an increase in earth quake, volcanos, and extremes of hot and cold, too wet and too dry weather? I think the answer lies in the "recent" discovery of a solar system invader the elite do not want exposed to the public in order to not cause panic. In the meantime, the elite are all coming from different angles to profit in money and power from the earth and climate changes.

It all creeps me out.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

Whoah, wait....

What invader?

I'm not that up to date with all the conspiracy theories coming out concerning global warming. I've been avoiding them because I think most of them are rubbish or some spin people are trying to put on it to get some attention or just out of fear mongering.

I rarely ever believe anything that comes out of a conspiracy theorists mouth unless I believe they have some amount of credibility which is very rare. If you had to believe half the theories they have you'd most probably land yourself in an institution.

Think it is what it is... Global Warming/Climate Change. People don't understand what effects heating up the planet has. Just because it says... Global Warming... doesn't mean it's going to get hot all over the globe suddenly. There will be some weird going on's happening. Like heating up certain ocean currents might make it colder somewhere else, ect ect ect.

I believe the government isn't doing enough to bring peoples attention to global warming and give them a better understanding. Which is probably a given taking into account that they'll get a lot of resistance from companies who'll lose money out of it. For example Oil Companies.

It's ridiculous because it shows the human mentally. When something isn't profitable it gets kicked to the curve.
The transition from being dependent on fossil fuels to more environmentally friendlier ways of producing energy is taking way too long. I fear it might even be too late.

We as the human race deserve better. We deserve the truth. Why isn't more being done? Is it because greedy individuals are standing in the way? or something else?

Either way. We all have something to lose from global warming. It will inevitably affect our lives some how.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

I uderstand what you are saying about "conspiracy theories." I am not much for most of that stuff either. Since you tend to avoid reading any of it, I think you will find this post interesting.

If you will, please check this out and tell me what you think might be causing the wacky earth and climate changes on earth. There is more to my theory (it's not original to me!), but just look at this for me.

Given the government is not one to cause massive panic in the public by announcing a huge planet/sun has entered the solar system, but also remembering the US and European governments have been preparing seed vaults and bunkers for survival in the event of castrophy, tell me what you think.

Thanks for your consideration!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

Okay. So you believe the cause of Global Warming is because of Niburu? Correct? And the gov is hiding it?

Well, to be honest, I can't really give you a straight answer on it. Sure when you look at it from that perspective it all does look very ominous. The Seed Vaults,bunkers,you name it, is quite distressful. Mean, are they preparing for the end? and if so, why isn't the government doing more to come up with a solution to global warming?

I can't really say if it's fact or fiction all I know is that our governments aren't doing enough. Guess any theory could actually be acceptable from that view point. Why are they building all these bunkers,ect? Does make you a little paranoid,ey.

Never was into the whole Niburu hub hub but I give you points for the government possibly covering something up.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Increases of water born diseases, bacteria etc etc?

Perhaps colloidal silver needs to be introduced into the water supplies instead of chlorine, fluoride and other chemicals?

In December 2002, an amendment was made to the Therapeutic Goods (Excluded Goods) Order such that products containing substances like colloidal silver, which make therapeutic claims, are no longer goods excluded from therapeutic goods legislation and must meet the requirements of other therapeutic goods. Colloidal silver products that are used in the purification or treatment of drinking water, and which do not make therapeutic claims, will remain excluded from therapeutic goods legislation

www.tga.gov.au...

(Australia's TGA is in some ways similar to the United State's FDA.)

From personal experience and a couple of years of practical research, CS is my number one choice when it comes to water purification and most other nasties.

What others do however is completely up to them.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Also regarding global warming, I find it interesting that quite a number of weather bureaus in various countries stated that 2010 was their coolest year (for some time) despite NASA claiming 2010 was the hottest year on record. Such countries include Australia, UK, Ireland, Finland, France, Holland, Sweden and many more.

Dozens of other countries also recorded record cold snaps. I have documented most of them if anyone is interested.

Over land few parts of the world were significantly cooler than average in 2010, the most notable being parts of northern Europe and central and eastern Australia. It was abnormally cold through large parts of northern and western Europe, with monthly mean temperatures as much as 10°C below normal at some locations in Norway and Sweden. Many places in Scandinavia had their coldest December on record. December in Central England was the coldest since 1890. Heavy snowfalls severely disrupted transport in many parts of Europe. It was also colder than average in large parts of the Russian Federation and in the eastern United States, where snow also severely disrupted transport.

www.wmo.int... United Nations' World Meteorological Organization.

Having said that some countries did indeed experience some record heat such as the record Russian summer and in many parts of Canada. I'm sure there must be many more though.

For 2010 to be the hottest on record it must have been exceptionally hot in various other places to even come close to countering all those record cold temperatures!

join