It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hating Lovingly, Loving Hatefully

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
It occurred to me, this ironic culture we breed. Is pride healthy in excessive amounts? I'd expect it to be as useful in excess as vanity is to success, or sugar to health, and therefor potentially damaging. This speaks nothing of national pride of which the effects have clearly been devastating.

Some degree of modesty is required in international affairs. Foreign policy may yet be in its infancy, and sure enough, it's still learning how to speak the many languages.

American imperialists have in many ways failed America. It is not any one's duty to eliminate a culture's heritage and sentiments either abroad or domestically, but we inadvertently follow that path. Societies can and often do destroy and rebuild themselves. Like the organs of the body, they mostly regulate themselves until something unavoidable occurs, and they adjust, heal, or perish. With such limited options, we really might benefit from being more careful in the delicate affairs of the body, individual and governmental.

And that most delicate affair of global politics? If it's not 'national pride' it is the politician's own. The American's Constitution and Bill of Rights, being an organ of the nation, is not immune to degradation and termination, nor has it yet been denied the opportunity to mature. Once it reaches full maturity, I'd expect sarcasm would be nearly extinct. The terms "developed" and "developing" are rarely in proper context when speaking of nations. In what sphere are they developing? Have they stopped developing? What can we do to defend against counter-developing: morally or geographically shrinking nations?

Counter-terrorism is their best solution? Clearly these are dangerous times, but showing more passion than fear for the Constitution and Bill of Rights in political matters was demanded by those who founded the country America was built on, and without whose conquests we'd all be absent!

In summa, America would be politically wise to expand its influence for the so-called greater good we as Americans believe the Constitution and Bill of Rights give us. I speak of the diplomatic equivalent of a lung transplant, should a country need it. (I say this with a reforming country in mind, where adopting laws would be expedient and to their advantage.) But from wounded pride, moral fears, and other idiocies, we don't seem to appreciate our own organs, much less deem them transferable over international borders.

Yet aren't all borders just proven to be hypothetical in the end?
edit on 13-2-2011 by smthngmssnghr because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2011 by smthngmssnghr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by smthngmssnghr

I for one am GRATEFUL,, we fought and BEAT, the British back in 1776...

or else, right now,,, we would ALL be speaking, ENGLISH ,,!!
edit on 2/13/11 by darrman because: i must be tired,,,, im going to bed

join