It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Americans have misplaced assets? More than you think!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What does it say about our society when we are so wasteful and forgetful that we even misplace our own money!? I was surprised to find how many people, including myself, have misplaced assets just sitting out there waiting for us.

www.betterbudgeting.com...

This is a website that links to every Unclaimed Asset website by state. So far, most people that have looked have found misplaced assets.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
And this is no way in any form a scam? I mean it's not a govn't website...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
No, not a scam. It's just a link database to government websites by state. I found money, so did others in chat.

Edit : also found money for family members.
edit on 2011/2/9 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It doesnt work properly..
I know the state I live in owes me 100 bucks.. I added my name in and it told me no such luck..

We were unable to locate any unclaimed money for ThichHeaded. Please enter another name to try again.

So this is wrong, if you want to find out if you are owed money this site isnt good for you..

Try this place instead..
www.brbpub.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The site worked for me and others, and it's just linking to the government webpages. I'm sure there are others like it, just thought I'd share because it was a pretty cool find for me and family members.

Anyway, if you're scared that it's a bot or something, virus scan it first, close your eyes, look away and hold your breath before you click it.

Edit : Your site linked me to the same webpage for my state.

edit on 2011/2/9 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Years ago I closed an account when I moved away from home to go to college. The about a decade later I find out the bank hadn't closed the account properly because they didn't give me the full funds owed to be and so I had a lost account with $1.28 in it.

Ha just found out my mom is going to be happy, seems my grandfather had an account no one new about in the family.
edit on 9-2-2011 by exile1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981
Years ago I closed an account when I moved away from home to go to college. The about a decade later I find out the bank hadn't closed the account properly because they didn't give me the full funds owed to be and so I had a lost account with $1.28 in it.

Ha just found out my mom is going to be happy, seems my grandfather had an account no one new about in the family.
edit on 9-2-2011 by exile1981 because: (no reason given)

Glad it helped, try to bump this one so that everyone can find out what's owed to them. Apparently over 2billion dollars is just out there floating around.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Hey sbc thanks for this.

I'm in the UK and so I had a look for similar sites here.

My late husband and I used to pay into an Occupational Pension Scheme which was done through employers, but when he died I heard nothing from it and totally forgot about it all these years.

I gave up my job when I was widowed to care for our 3 kids, but I never received any benefit from neither this pension nor my husband's.

Apparently the government can track these pensions down and if successful, will be possible to cash them in.

Anyone in the UK who paid into an Occupational Pension Scheme can have it tracked at NO COST. It has to be worth a try.

Info here:
www.direct.gov.uk...
S&F

edit on 9-2-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

top topics

join