It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI-like projects on the rise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Projects that ask the question "Are we alone in the galaxy" are getting funded, and most importantly, are finally getting the attention they deserve.

www.csmonitor.com...

The field "is in a stage of explosive growth," says Kent Cullers, director of research and development at the SETI Institute in Mountain View, Calif. "I'm not only excited, I'm ebullient."

A decade ago, the idea of searching for intelligent life drew more sneers than cheers in some circles. Congress was skeptical. NASA ended its small-scale program, leaving the search to private efforts. Now, interest is building again.[\quote]

Finally, some good news! This is the most important work we can do. It deserves funding, time, and interest. Hopefully, this time it will stay in the limelight, and those in our governments will keep this type of thing on their funding radar.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hi RockerDom!!

And, please don't forget that you (and anybody else!!) can join the ATS SETI@home (or BOINC) teams - for further information please see here!! You'll be made very welcome!!

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

[edit on 14-7-2004 by RockerDom]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RockerDom
I will do that immediately, and am very proud to do so

Kudos to you my friend - and, if you have any questions, please don't be afraid (as if!!) to ask in the forum!!

See you there!!

new topics

top topics

join