It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Terrorists' kidnap Ronald McDonald in Helsinki

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

A group calling itself the Food Liberation Army has claimed responsibility for "kidnapping" a statue of the McDonald's food chain mascot Ronald McDonald and has threatened to "execute" the figure if their demands are not met. The group posted a video on YouTube where balaclava-clad "terrorists", holding the clown statue with a bag over its head, demanded that the world's largest food chain answer questions about its corporate responsibility and food production. "We love burgers, fries and McDonald's, but we can no longer watch in silence as the food we love is being destroyed and brought to shame because of greed and indifference," one of the "terrorists" said, speaking in Finnish. The man said the statue, which was taken from a Helsinki restaurant on January 31 by two men posing as maintenance personnel, would be executed on Friday, February 11. "Have a nice day," he signed off.

Newslink

Hahaha I found this pretty funny. Personally I hope they broadcast the execution! I also hope this will brighten up someone else's day as it has mine.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
So what exactly are their demands?

I don't see any actual demands in there.
I am angry that they are gonna make us wait a week. They better follow through with their threat once their demands are not met. Otherwise nobody will take them seriously when they go after Colonel Sanders. I WILL be searching on Feb 11th. Thats a promise

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
We can't allow that, we should bomb Finland.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

This video has the demands, I like it

edit on Fri, 04 Feb 2011 09:00:01 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Ronald is still alive:

www.freeronald.org...
edit on 10-2-2011 by Dumbass because: link

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Hahaha thanks for the update

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It must have been with help from the Hamburglar,Well someone had to say it!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Perhaps the will demand McFoo will stop selling beef with imported LIVESTOCK DISEASES:

Beef imported into the USA from:
Uruguay - 2001 FMD outbreak

Brazil - 2005 FMD outbreak, Vesicular stomatitis, Bluetongue (now found in USA)
Lymphatic filariasis, Leishmaniasis, Onchocerciasis (River Blindness), Trypanosoma cruzi,

Argentina - 2008 FMD outbreak

Nicaragua - Trypanosomiasis (Chagas disease),leptospirosis

Costa Rica - rabies, Naegleria fowler, Encephalitis, vesicular stomatitis viruses, Leptospirosis, Trypanosomiasis (Chagas disease)

Mexico - tuberculosis, brucellosis "cattle tick fever," Trypanosoma cruz, Vesicular stomatitis

Panama - Trypanosomiasis (Chagas disease), Vesicular stomatitis

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Bah, stealing the Ronald Statue was an annual occurrence(they eventually took cemented the lugs over so they couldn’t be loosened) during senior week when I was in High School - we never threatened to hurt him though he was always placed somewhere in town with comedic value like on the court house lawn etc...

These thugs have gone too far...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

that is the weirdest hostage story i ever heard

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

that is the weirdest hostage story i ever heard

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Lol I forgot all about this one. Did ronald even make it back home safe? I never heard an update on this one.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well I am not paying the Mcransom, they can keep the bloody clown

Anyway kidnapping such an American icon, where is Seabag when you need him, we need his expert analysis so we can get round to nuking the Iranians, because we all know they secretly fund all the terrorist activity in the world

edit on 21-7-2012 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
NO WAR FOR BURGERS!

Just had to.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I think I read somewhere in local media that Ronald was returned in one piece. I cant remember where or any details thought. Could remember wrong.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Ok found the update. Apparently two people arrested, original Ron recovered unharmed, and a replica Ron decapitated

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass
We can't allow that, we should bomb Finland.

" Oh no not Finrin...anybody but Finrin.."

From southpark if anybody has seen it.

top topics

join