It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen 'Wolf Pack' Arrested for kidnapping and hanging a boy [he survived] Bullying out of control?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Calm down a little, man !
I'm sure that is a pretty disgusting avatar respectively ..... but not so bad that it need to be removed or anything like that.
Man up, bro ! or Gal up, girl !

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
We are talking/discussing the issue of bullying, therefore I hardly think it appropriate to be calling other members names and making a public call to enforce avatar restrictions (because a different member deems it disgusting) appropriate on this thread, though it is ironic...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

You are free to disagree, that is the beauty of it, but for me, as a father, the family would be well-served seeing that woman executed, and for me, as a father, I would want to know what my son did to irritate those 4 bullies to that point, and if he was actually innocent, then I would want to see him stand up for himself, not have the Administration do it for him, and definitely not to move the entire family out of the region. That's my opinion, you are still free to disagree.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have dealt with many bullies in my life, and what I have found that if confronted alone they are cowards. Most bullies travel in packs and seek attention for their insecurities, but once separated from the pack they are lambs.

Now there are a few lone wolf bullies, but most of them are adolescent adults that have never grown up, and society eventually hands them their asses.

What I have also found, in life, no matter how big and bad you think your are, there is always someone out there bigger and badder, or mean enough to wait you out.

The age group of 12 to 15 year old's is one of worst offenders of bullying, because they are trying to prove themselves, but they eventually get humbled out by life, and if not they end up in jail.

If parents don't handle their kids behavior's society will or the police. It all comes down to a huge disconnect in the family unit. Sad but true.

Thanks for posting this info Lady.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Just to add a bit more perspective and background: the teens (all of them including the victim) attend the alternative program/school, which right there says that none of them are "model" teens. The program is for teens who make bad decisions and need more "care" with regards to education setting, decision making skills and behavior issues. Bear in mind, I've worked in alternative high school (teaching) so am quite familiar with the various reasons students would have, for attending these programs.

The police are taking this very serious and it appears they believe this was an attack on a smaller, weaker, younger student by 5 who do not have a previous record and 2 who have previous records, including assault. CNN story.

n the statement, obtained by CNN, DeVlieger said the alternative school program is "for students who have exhibited poor decisions in the past and are therefore removed from the high school to protect the regular high school student population."

The program has been successful in helping many students rehabilitate, he said, but "apparently the students taken by the police today chose to continue to make bad decisions that ultimately resulted in their arrests and removal from school."

edit on 1-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

but for me, as a father, the family would be well-served seeing that woman executed,

...you dont know the family in tampa - so, you have no idea how they would be well-served... all you're doing is telling us how you would treat your own wife under those circumstances...

and for me, as a father, I would want to know what my son did to irritate those 4 bullies to that point,

...if you had a daughter and she was raped, would you hold her to the same presumptious scrutiny that she must have done something to encourage the rapist?...

...its one thing to be so blind that you think your kids never do wrong and i certainly dont approve of that... however, its another thing entirely to presume your kids are always at fault, especially when they're the victim of a violent crime...

and if he was actually innocent, then I would want to see him stand up for himself,

...after you've already accused him of doing something to encourage the bullies... besides the obvious flaws in that line of thinking, how does one scrawny boy stand up to a bunch who are twice his size?...

...the most important point that you're missing is that the boy did stand up for himself by telling his mother, who then acted and the result was that the bullies were arrested...

not have the Administration do it for him, and definitely not to move the entire family out of the region.

...the boy did not make the school administration stand up for him... he had no say so in that and i seriously doubt that it was the boy's decision that the family has to move...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
This sort of ESS AICH EYE TEE is what drives kids to shooting up there school, good job.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This story is silly. Did you see the video? I saw worse than that all the time at my school. Kids today need to toughen up!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

If I saw that I would grab any stick by me and beat them tell they bled everywhere then I would shower them in my piss

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Not funny.

This kind of bullying is getting out of control. Especially when a VICTIM is warned not to come back to his school, for his own safety, by the school itself. Something is very wrong, with that.

Most of the Principals, Teachers and Staff in America's schools sympathize with the bullies, because they where bullies themselves. They couldn't hack it in the real life where people can stand up to bullies. And it explains why a kid will get more in trouble for dealing with bullies than a bully would for trying to kill him/her.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Thankyou OP, a great post, reading all the posts certainly made me think thats for sure!
To the posters who think this is nothing and that kids who get beaten up and cant or wont defend themselves just need to harden up, its that mentality that has poisened humanity....
"Survival of the meanest" right?
Theres a song from A Perfect Circle that I like, Annihalation, part of it goes "De-humanisation to arms production for the benifit of the nation or its destruction ....... Those living for death will die by their own hand"
De-humanisation is exactly whats happened, we are conditioned to put up with violence and inequality from birth, we are conditioned to accept that bullies are a part of life whether we like it or not and we just gotta "harden up" and then we wonder why "bully" politicians who end up in office dont take the will of the people seriously! They know they can get away with their bullying because they know that we expect bullys to bully us, from the school yard to the work place to the highest levels of government. We dont fight back because as HUMANS we understand that violence is distastefull and against our Divine nature, but DE-HUMANISATION has created boys and girls who believe pushing people around is not only normal but acceptable and through social conditioning victims are taught that tattling on bullies makes you less of a man/women and that they just need to "harden up"
Those who do open their mouth are ostracised and picked on even more (personal experiance) and in most cases nothing is done by the adults (also personal experiance) because "its part of life"!
And so we get tyrannical governments, tyrannical corporation CEO's, tyrannical boys and girls and a nation of sheep who cant even recognise tyranny let alone agree on what to do about it!
Bullys are not an essential part of growing up, I was bullied and it was NOT thanks to them that I became the women I am today.

If this was a case of one or two kids having a scuffle then it wouldnt be an issue, but it was a group of OLDER THUGS targetting a younger smaller boy, beating up said boy and the worst part is that they were so proud of this that they FILMED it, sort of like how those soldiers filmed and photographed themselves torturing and humiliating their prisoners-SAME THING!!

"From dehumanization to arms production,
For the benefit of the nation or its destruction
Power is power, the law of the land,
Those living for death will die by their own hand,

Life's no ordeal if you come to terms,
Reject the system dictating the norms

It's your choice, your choice, your choice, your choice,
Peace or annihilation"

- Annihilation, A Perfect Circle

edit on 2-2-2011 by Rhebefree because: misquoted something

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Lol he survived, really...? Death by coat hanging is all to common in this world.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

If it happened to one of my sons I'd fu, sorry t&c's, do them some serious damage in a ski mask, way worse than they'd done because my motivator would be anger and revenge theirs was just "fun"

Don't anyone say that would make me worse than the "wolf" pack because that would be mindless verbiage and just plain wrong.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Did I miss the part were they jumped him and kicked and punched him? All I saw were kids being kids, I think I must have missed the part were he was screaming for help too as he was in fear of his life.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Naptown317 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Kids nowadays are afraid of getting the asses kicked.
Im only 20 but when i was a young kid it was nothing for
me and kids my age to fight out our problems. There were
no guns, no knives, no weapons. Kids that age especially boys that
age need a way to let their aggression out. And when they dont
have an outlet this kind of thing happens.
not to say it hasnt happened before because it definitely has.
people are just starting to see the things they have know to be going
on because its the digital age.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What are we, animals? Maybe when we stop calling it bullying and start calling it what it is, criminal behavior, things will change. So if you are 45 and walking home from the store and 10 punks jump you is that considered bullying? If it happened to anyone of us on this board I can almost promise that it would be treated as a crime whether the individual pressed the issue or not. But when it happens to a child it is a "right of passage?" C'mon, seriously? I just don't get the attitude at all.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The titles a little misleading. He was hung by the collar of his coat, not hung in the general sense we think of 'hanging'

Although its a bad incident i dont think its particularly shocking.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

Or maybe we stop calling it bullying, and just call it growing up. Sometimes people do and say things we don't like, and we have to learn to deal with it. Sometimes they even do it aggressively, and we have to learn to deal with that. If we don't learn it as kids, we will have a very tough time as adults.

Maybe your boss is a bully, or maybe a co-worker is a bully. Maybe your husband or wife is a bully. Life is all about balance of power and negotiation. If we protect our kids from life's lessons, then we are not being very good parents.

They pushed him around and hung him from a fence. If he got serious injuries, that would be different. If he got robbed that would be different. If he just got punked by some older, bigger boys, then he is on his way to learning to be a man. No crime.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Liamoville

Well, that's media for ya. Title is from one of the articles (was originally going to put it in breaking news) then decided we'd get more usefulness from the topic as a social issue discussion instead. That title was the tagline to get someone to hit the link on the article. Which also begs the question of media involvement in the lives of all of us, but especially the generations growing up with "electronic babysitters" and the influences such things have on the way people view each other and maybe also how they choose to resolve problems.

edit on 2-2-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well we can agree to disagree....I always respect your posts. I totally agree we can't protect our children from the cruel outside world....but I think to defend the actions of these other "boys" is irresponsible. No wonder we have the society we do. If any of the boys guilty of this would be reading these comments they could likely walk away saying "see, we didn't do anything wrong, we were just having fun and being normal...sucks to be the weak guy." Is that the message we want to send? And again I say if the same group of kids took a small 45 year old woman and hung her from a fence would you accept that as well? The actions are the same. So the conclusion here is that children are free game??? Would you feel the same if it were a girl or does this only go for boys?

...and if a boss or spouse behaved as these boys they could most definitely be charged under the Anti-Harassment Law. definitions.uslegal.com...
edit on 2-2-2011 by glad_to_be_His because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join