It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - World Muslim Populaton Doubling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Religion or Social Issue? Either way this will effect everything around the world. The way business is done; the languages spoken; the power balances; higher populations in areas that aren't as well educated; higher populations in areas of the world that are unstable; religious tolerance in areas taken away; laws of different countries; the UN balance (Iran on the Human Rights commission?? :shk: ); everything.

CNN - World Muslim Population Doubling

Twenty years ago, the world had about 1.1 billion Muslims. Twenty years from now, it will have about twice as many - and they'll represent more than a quarter of all people on earth, according to a new study released Thursday.

Before any Muslim apologists get on and say that this is because people convert to Islam .. that's wrong ..

The Muslim share of the global population will rise primarily because of their relatively high birth rate, the large number of Muslims of childbearing age, and an increase in life expectancy in Muslim-majority countries, according to the report, "The Future of the Global Muslim Population."

Conversion will play relatively little part in the increase, the report anticipates. It says little data is available on conversion, but what little there is suggests Islam loses as many adherents via conversion as it gains.

I'm sure there are a bunch of PC folks who say .. so what? And I'll get the usual rhetoric of ... you are intolerant or you hate muslims (I don't hate muslims, I feel bad for them, I hate their cult) Well .. think again. Having more than 1/4 of the world population adhering to a cult that treats women as second class citizens; that is intolerant of people worshipping outside their cult; and that dictates nearly every aspect of their lives (what to eat; how to dress; what to read/watch on tv; blockings of internet sites; no real freedom of speech; etc) WILL effect the rest of us (YES, Islam does do all that).

FLAME AWAY.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
As you stated, the problem with this rise in population is not the people but the religion they are practising. Having so many people in the world believing in such things is a dangerous thing indeed.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Okandetre
As you stated, the problem with this rise in population is not the people but the religion they are practising.

Yep. Part of this rise is probably due to the religion itself. Imams, and other high profile Muslims, calling for a 'war of the womb' and to 'outbreed the enemy' (the enemy being anyone who isn't Muslim, of course).

ATS thread - Outbreeding the enemy

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
This will be a touchy thread for sure, but an important debate nonetheless.

Libya's Muammar al-Gaddafi has stated many times, that the true weapon of choice for global dominance is population, and has overtly encouraged the Muslim world to have as many children as possible in order to ensure this "take-over".

Muammar Gaddafi recently stated that “There are signs that Allah will grant victory to Islam in Europe without sword, without gun, without conquest. We don’t need terrorists; we don’t need homicide bombers. The 50 plus million Muslims (in Europe) will turn it into the Muslim Continent within a few decades.”
source

In fact, he is probably right, and maybe China is the real enemy to Muslim global dominance.

It may be wishful thinking, but I truly believe that access to education, political freedom and comfortable living conditions is the best weapon to counter this.

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

SO your telling me the only way to beat terrorist is to out screw them huh. Well honey its time to get off that high horse of finding prince charming who's a millionaire/rebel/loner/highly educated/family man/who's funny and takes care of sick puppies and marry bill the cable guy unless you want to wear a cloth mask for the rest of your life. Maybe you should tell your daughters this
If this isn't a slap in the face to feminist everywhere i dont know what is lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
We have been fighting this war since the Crusades. Now? Battle lines are blurred by political correctness, and the opposing side has developed new tactics to defeat their enemy.

Taqiyah
Taqiyya (Arabic: التقية - 'fear, guard against') is the religiously sanctioned practice of lying or dissimulation. It is usually attributed to Shia Muslim practice.

Originally it was allowed only in order to save lives in the face of religious persecution.

Source
www.mideastweb.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Educate their children in the scholarly fields of comparative religion, comparative mythology, and comparative mysticism. That would make sure that cultural chains can't imprison their faith, preventing the sort of intolerant extremism that we are all worried about.

edit on 28-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Religion or Social Issue? Either way this will effect everything around the world. The way business is done; the languages spoken; the power balances; higher populations in areas that aren't as well educated; higher populations in areas of the world that are unstable; religious tolerance in areas taken away; laws of different countries; the UN balance (Iran on the Human Rights commission?? :shk: ); everything.

CNN - World Muslim Population Doubling

Twenty years ago, the world had about 1.1 billion Muslims. Twenty years from now, it will have about twice as many - and they'll represent more than a quarter of all people on earth, according to a new study released Thursday.

Before any Muslim apologists get on and say that this is because people convert to Islam .. that's wrong ..

The Muslim share of the global population will rise primarily because of their relatively high birth rate, the large number of Muslims of childbearing age, and an increase in life expectancy in Muslim-majority countries, according to the report, "The Future of the Global Muslim Population."

Conversion will play relatively little part in the increase, the report anticipates. It says little data is available on conversion, but what little there is suggests Islam loses as many adherents via conversion as it gains.

I'm sure there are a bunch of PC folks who say .. so what? And I'll get the usual rhetoric of ... you are intolerant or you hate muslims (I don't hate muslims, I feel bad for them, I hate their cult) Well .. think again. Having more than 1/4 of the world population adhering to a cult that treats women as second class citizens; that is intolerant of people worshipping outside their cult; and that dictates nearly every aspect of their lives (what to eat; how to dress; what to read/watch on tv; blockings of internet sites; no real freedom of speech; etc) WILL effect the rest of us (YES, Islam does do all that).

FLAME AWAY.

Forgive them. Love them anyway.

I am not hating another human being I don't even know because you said so.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I was going to write something similar but then i read your post.

Why should "I" hate or fear some people because "They" have a Religion.?

Why don't some CHRISTIANS and MUSLIMS take a chill pill for a second and remember their HUMANITY!!

Cosmic...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
I am not hating another human being I don't even know because you said so.

... and the flames start. Predictable. No where did I say to hate Muslims. I said I pity them. And with good reason. Their cult is absurd and is pathetic. I hate the cult but I pity the muslims. They don't know any better.

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
Why should "I" hate or fear some people because "They" have a Religion.?.

Um .. you are kidding .. right? It was SMART to fear the Catholic inquisition hundreds of years ago. It was 'THEM' that had a religion and that religion was destructive and full of murder. DItto the Protestants in England who hunted down Catholics. Now .. hundreds of years later ... it's Islam that is a cancer on humanity. It's dangerous for those in the cult, especially women. It's dangerous to those who refuse to become dhimwits in Islamic countries. And it's a threat to common sense and basic human decency not to mention a threat to the human intellect.

The fact that more than 1/4 of the Earths population will be in this cult .. holding themselves and each other and the rest of humanity down .. that's pretty damn sad.

new topics

top topics

join