It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weirdness in Asheville NC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ok I work about 1 block from the Federal building in my town and I have to say that things are bit strange at the moment. There are 3 White Suburbans with Federal Protective Services/Dept of Homeland Security out there on either side of the street with lights running. There are also 2 local PD vehicles present. I saw officers with a K-9. From what I have been able to gather they have been there for about 4hrs and the only thing visibly going on is a small protest of maybe 2 dozen people.

Would they send all that for a protest? I mean I am a little weirded out by the Homeland Security vehicles. It makes me wonder if I should be concerned about something, and I am that close. Also there is absolutely nothing on the local media about it and nothing on the scanners that we have heard as our security officer carries one daily. That actually makes me more nervous. I posted something about on FB to our local news media to which no one has even responded.

Anyone else think this is odd or out of the ordinary or am I just being paranoid?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I too would be concerned but without a source not sure what to say. Do you know why people would be there in protest, protesting what? Keep checking your news and get back to us if you get a report.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

Oh I didn't realize that there needed to be pictures of vehicles and police? Seriously? This isn't a UFO claim.

Also I don't exactly think I wanna be the guy walking up with my cell phone snapping photos of Federal officers that are sitting around but then again I am just a bit wary of pissing off people like that. Anyway thanks for your input but I don't think I need pictures.
edit on 1/25/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters
This thread
Is worthless
Without pictures

Worthless?

I live in Asheville, haven't heard about this yet, but I'll poke around and see what I can come up with.
Thanks for posting it, ignore the critics, this thread is hardly worthless and I don't think poking a camera at homeland security is good advice honestly. WLOS is our local ABC affiliate here maybe there will something on the news this evening, if not I have some friends in the local media and will see if I can find out anything. Curious.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

i think its ofc something to keep an eye on :O...

pls keep us up to date

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Yea so far WLOS is utterly useless they have nothing on there news page about it and haven't returned anyone on my FB post or my email. Then again this is the same town where our local tv news got scooped by the paper news that isn't even Asheville anymore when the weirdo got pulled over by the AC-T building.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I checked your TV station online, didn't see anything. Perhaps if you call your local TV station and ask them. I did that once when they were all over my neighborhood in Kentucky looking for something, I was getting very concerned. A neighbor had a house full of bombs, and do you think the cops were telling us, no. They just kept going thru the yards with the dogs and searching. So they do keep things under wrap and perhaps someone at the station will tell you whats going on.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

WLOS ABC 13 There was a small protest earlier today, about a dozen people. APD says it was peaceful, no problems. Officers simply notified building security that protesters were there. Not sure what they were protesting. 42 minutes ago

Well that is the reply on Facebook from our local news media. I still have a hard time believe they would bring out Homeland Security or a K9 unit for a few dozen protesters. Makes no sense. I smell a lie

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
From what I have been able to gather they have been there for about 4hrs and the only thing visibly going on is a small protest of maybe 2 dozen people.

Would they send all that for a protest?

The tactic of "overcompensating" is used to make others wary of engaging in similar activity. This is also the reason for the endless TSA problems. If they go over the top in a very visible manner, people are dissuaded from resisting.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

i'm with you on that.... the DHS s making an appearance but without the local media fanfare...

they are busy instilling fear into the hearts of the masses and keeping youse wondering just whats up.
without the media acknowledgement of DHS quelling a protest, or getting a special assignment to protect a representative...so that a Tuscon event does not happen there in NC...who ? knows ---

but that's the point --- YOU + WE are not supposed to Know, thats the intimidation factor the DHS is
wanting to develop

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Well when you put it like that it makes perfect sense. It definitely instilled me with fear or what was going on etc, and I wasn't about to go up and ask them what the deal was. So I guess mission accomplished on there end.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

you, my dear, just ran into the federal funded-for-terrorism national security aparatus. normally a a small legal protest event would warrant a few drive-bys or a couple local police.

the difference here is the "federal building". thats means that building is covered by federal authorities/laws and forces.

yes, the federal system is so ramped up for "terrorists" that even if a small legal protest comes under their jurisdiction, they roll out the tanks, so to speak. that means, yes, they are likely photographing, filing, and monotoring these few legal protestors because of some intangible possible credible "threat" reported to some fbi database about some animal rights group that hasremote ties to the protester's group near this op. thats the scary part: that if it enters their juristiction, its wayyyyyy over-the-top overkill, and this isnt iraq. this is america. ..and that federal over-kill could be focused at local, legal protestors exercising their rights if the feds can claim jurisdiction and find any suggestion of possible credible threat.

so yes, what you are seeing is JUST FOR THOSE FEW LEGAL PROTESTORS, and yes they are trying to scare them to limit the danger of the group's possible "credible threat".

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
here are some pictures and a link to more

blog.dancingpancakes.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I've uploaded the two linked pics in your post:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5837b7a34699.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2d355ec4bf7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My comment pertaining posting of pictures was removed due to being off-topic. However with the latest high attrition rate of old members and newbies screaming "Real vampire", "FEMA will **Fill in BS here** I wanted to see if the TS could put his money where his mouth is.

Quite sad to see that a citizen of a country he lives has to fear (as per some comments) taking pictures of something that he/she is wondering about and finds peculiar.

In my world you walk up to whomever is standing by ask them for some details and wish them a good day.

I see an American rather opens a topic and start wild speculations

new topics

top topics

join