It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thermohaline Current

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I thought that it was interesting to compare the map of animal deaths to the map of the Thermohaline current. If you look closely, you'll see that the animal deaths match up pretty well in the areas of the surface current,in Red. When the BP oil disaster happened, I was talking with a friend about the long term consequences if they weren't able to get the well sealed and we predicted back then that you would first see animal die offs in the area of the surface current and then more die offs when the toxins from the well reached deep water currents, with the end of the scenario being the stoppage of the North Atlantic current as a whole by November. I think all the deaths are due to the BP well, but we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Very interesting and perhaps a little disturbing......

We live in a world today where everybody expects events and the effects to happen 'straight away'..... The constant 24 hour news drivel de-sensitizes the populations to looking no further than the end of their noses and in reality with most, The BP disaster has been all but forgotten about.

The sheer scale, size and impacts of that 'release' into the oceans will be felt for years to come and as your graph shows, the Ocean cycle takes 2000 years for Full interchangeability of the oceans waters.....

Any lasting impact will be felt for years to come and to all the 'nay' sayers out there, Can you really think that such a catastrophic event hasn't caused damage ?

I wonder if BP, Halliburton and the rest will be around when the damage they have caused ALL OF US rears it's head ??

Regards

PDUK
edit on 30-1-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: addition of text

new topics

join