It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction and My Ideas of an Age of Reason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hello my fellow ATS community.

When I post or comment on things, I usually try to do my best to make a meaningful post, which people can relate to or understand. My first post was over the dead birds in my hometown of Beebe, Arkansas – But, as of yet, I haven’t made a formal introduction or a unique post of my own. I would like to correct that now.

I am 28 years old and have lived most of my life in Arkansas. My father was in the military and my family and I were stationed in Germany for several years, which allowed me a unique opportunity to experience a different culture at an early age – a privilege, which I will always be thankful for.

I grew up in a Christian family, and experienced multiple denominations of Christianity – struggling to find the one that fit best for me. I tell you this because many of my posts will probably reference the Holy Bible and other religious sources. I have also dabbled in occult religions, but did not find they suited my heart’s desire.

I am a computer technician, by profession, so I am always available to help anyone that seeks computer advice; if you need help. Just message me and I’ll do my best to assist you.

Now that my limited introduction is out of the way – lets proceed further into my post.

I am sure you love a good conspiracy theory, love truth seeking or desire a deeper understanding of our beautiful planet – else you wouldn’t be here: lurking or otherwise.

Like many of you reading, I lurked on these boards for many years, and just recently decided to make an account of my own to begin posting.

I have an intuitive mind and a love for truth – I am not easily convinced of rash theories or propaganda; nor do I entertain charlatans who profess truth, yet have tongues that drip with lies.

It is important in this age, which has access to vast amounts of information, to remain rational and level headed – always discerning truth and testing the spirits of man for deception; those that seek to rob your heart and thieve you of your sanity.

Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it comes the issues of life…
The Book of Proverbs – Chapter 4, v.23

Some of you are not Christians – as I myself have seen: there is a wide diversity of beliefs and understandings that comprise this messaging forum. Yet, it does not harm to learn from the wisdom of the great men who have come before us; those who have taken the time to pave the road of understanding – constructing it from their experiences and losses. If we are to remain wise, even now, we must look to our ancestors for guidance.

Religious or not religious – there is something to be learned from all walks of life.

A stupid man will repeat the same mistakes over and over. A smart man will learn from his mistakes and not repeat them. A wise man will learn from those who have come before himself and not make their mistakes.
~Unknown

Should we plow ahead in our lives, constantly trying to better ourselves, we may gain ground by realizing the lessons of the past hold just as true today as they once did.

For where your treasure is, there your heart will also be
The Book of Luke – Chapter 12, v.34

Should our heart be in negativity and obsessed with lies and deceit – then there will our treasure be also. We will desire lies and deceit, should we invest our heart into it, and though it drag us down, still we desire it.

So that is why I tell you now, guard your heart against lies and deceit – discern truth on your own and do not believe what any man tells you for face value.

I say all of these things, because there is a problem running rampant on this board; and that problem is spawned by rash judgment and quick decision making that is not thought out; giving birth to random posts that are not rational or filled with any true value.

I encourage you to think and use the brain that God gave you to see truth.

I look forward to communicating with all of you and learning from each of you.

Regards,

Mentor

edit on 10-1-2011 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2011 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

join