It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Shortages Are About To Strike!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Good on you my friend - you are right - never give them a name - it's hard I know but hey you are on the right track.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by oswego

I know I'm going off to meditate!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanistical

Originally posted by Wiseupall
Surviving on less is possibly the only answer??????

I don't like that idea at all and neither does my stomach. I vote for fewer people instead.

Oh Sham it's such a shame. Start growing your own. We're all going to feel it but some more than others. Enjoy it while it lasts,

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wiseupall

It doesn't matter. The point is the general message of "calm down" and feel lucky for what you've got.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Cam down guys. There is plenty of food and fresh water for the entire planet which makes it all the more infuriating that over a billion of our brothers and sisters are starving on a daily basis. We could feed the worlds population 2 times over if we managed our resources on a global scale in the correct manner.

Desalination plants alone could give us enough drinking water from our oceans for the entire planets needs and could produce enough fresh water to bring life and agriculture to vast swathes of dry useless land if fully utilised.

There is no food shortage. Just a shortage of goodwill and people prepared to stand up to TPTB and demand an end to world poverty and hunger.

Sadly too many of us only really care when our own lives or well being is at risk. It's time to start thinking about the global community and real issues and less about reality shows , cell phones and celebrity gossip.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMiyagi
Cam down guys. There is plenty of food and fresh water for the entire planet which makes it all the more infuriating that over a billion of our brothers and sisters are starving on a daily basis. We could feed the worlds population 2 times over if we managed our resources on a global scale in the correct manner.

Desalination plants alone could give us enough drinking water from our oceans for the entire planets needs and could produce enough fresh water to bring life and agriculture to vast swathes of dry useless land if fully utilised.

There is no food shortage. Just a shortage of goodwill and people prepared to stand up to TPTB and demand an end to world poverty and hunger.

Sadly too many of us only really care when our own lives or well being is at risk. It's time to start thinking about the global community and real issues and less about reality shows , cell phones and celebrity gossip.

You are so right. I don't think it's a denial of world hunger as much as it is the causes. And this conditioning that we're all in that makes us always believe that 'someone else will take care of it'. This is probably down to the fact that being brought up in the West we usually can leave someone else to take care of it. The Government! We really do need to get out of this way of thinking and make the key Governments around the world work for us not the other way round. I must say here that I do think we are on the first rung of the ladder for doing that. The sooner the better.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by igigi
reply to post by Wiseupall

Stick to proven fear-mongering sites (that actually cite REAL SOURCES!)
www.infowars.com

I took your advice: Heres what's on your infowars.com. Guess it's not scaremongering now.
www.infowars.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
We should all seriously learn how to feed ourselves, learn how to grow a garden, learn how to dry foods and can foods, learn how to grow different foods for all the seasons. Get a chicken for eggs, get a few of them. We shouldn't wait until a problem exists, we should be prepared and do it now.

I know that 'hunter-gatherer' is no longer feasable to sustain the general population, but man a dent could be knocked in what you buy for food if you really try to sustain yourself and your family.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I'm from a country where we heavily depend on agriculture, so I think food strike or not; I'm fine with it.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
i have large herds of deer, wild turkey,ground hog,squirrels,rabbits,dove,crow,turtles,etc etc etc, just another day in paradise.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join