It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief in Aliens Mirrors Religion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Istvan
Yes, and don't forget that the same type of pictures "prove" that people have ever been on the Moon, on board a space shuttle, beneath the Ocean or high at the atmosphere. How do you know that it is all real? Have you ever been on the Moon? All those videos and photos could be lying, and at your viewpoint, someone has to travel to the Moon, and check out those footprints in order to say that it really happened. Am I right?

You're laughing, but you've actually got a point there. If you lack the personal knowledge to be able to correctly judge whether the evidence of the moonlanding is real or not; you're stuck with the fact that you have to trust individuals presenting this event as fact. The significant difference however being that the moonlanding have officially been presented as a reality. And though I personally lack the knowledge needed to judge whether there could be a reason not to trust this, I feel the credibility of the individuals saying this is what happened speaks for itself. IMHO.

Edit to add: In addition to this, one could argue that the evidence of the moonlanding greatly exceeds that of the existance of ETs. However, I personally do think there are plenty of credible testimonies saying ETs exist as well. But that's my opinion.

[edit on 6-8-2004 by Durden]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Istvan, you just proved my point. If you are saying that I can't trust the pictures and videos of people on the moon, in space, or under water unless I experienced it firsthand, then you have to say the same thing for alien and religious belief. My whole point was that people use the same, nonsubstancial things, to prove both religion and aliens existence. Which takes me back to my original point. They both require faith in the unprovable.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

Originally posted by Istvan
Yes, and don't forget that the same type of pictures "prove" that people have ever been on the Moon, on board a space shuttle, beneath the Ocean or high at the atmosphere. How do you know that it is all real? Have you ever been on the Moon? All those videos and photos could be lying, and at your viewpoint, someone has to travel to the Moon, and check out those footprints in order to say that it really happened. Am I right?

You're laughing, but you've actually got a point there. If you lack the personal knowledge to be able to correctly judge whether the evidence of the moonlanding is real or not; you're stuck with the fact that you have to trust individuals presenting this event as fact. The significant difference however being that the moonlanding have officially been presented as a reality. And though I personally lack the knowledge needed to judge whether there could be a reason not to trust this, I feel the credibility of the individuals saying this is what happened speaks for itself. IMHO.

Edit to add: In addition to this, one could argue that the evidence of the moonlanding greatly exceeds that of the existance of ETs. However, I personally do think there are plenty of credible testimonies saying ETs exist as well. But that's my opinion.

[edit on 6-8-2004 by Durden]

You are right. In the past, people "believed" that the Earth is flat, the Sun moves around the Earth, etc. Now, we have the knowledge to see it all in a different way. The same will happen with UFOs. Now we believe that only birds and aeroplanes can fly, and that only humans walk with two legs. There comes a time, when we will realize that it is not true. Probably the US Government already has credible facts proving that UFOs and aliens exist on Earth, but they act rather suspiciously...

<< 1  2  3   >>

join