It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
You are probably asking yourself what system am i talking about.

Well i am talking about the contraband system.

And i am asking you what do you think about the current contraband system which confiscates contraband just to destroy it.

In my opinion its just a big waste of time and energy that was put into creating the contraband. Why destroy food, clothes and other goods just because they are fake. Instead, why don't they just give it to poor countries so that they can have a raised living standard?

Imagine if all the contraband confiscated in the world in just 1 month can be put together and given. I think it could feed and dress and give some basic comodities to all of the poor african countries and probably more.

So what do you think?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I agree with you. Things that are not allowed or not used should be given away.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

I agree and disagree with you.

If we are talking about the US, I would daresay that *some* of the items are thought to be ditched, but are actually picked up and carried away by law enforcement.

And most definitely they should be given to others that could benefit (if not items of evidence) right here in the US...right now!

Interesting topic, but more specific information would be helpful to the audience if you choose to post.

join