It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher reported to police for teaching about pig to a muslim student.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Thing's now are really getting stupid. I mean like way over the top. Where did it all start and where will it all end?

Here in Spain in a town called La Linea de concepcion, near cadiz, the mother of a muslim child aged 12 made an official complaint to the police, the reason? An comment about ham!! Good old fashioned PIG.

The child was in a class of 30 student's in the Medez Tolosa secondry school in a geography lesson. The teacher whilst giving the lesson, mentioned that the weather is perfect in Spain for curing ham, especially the type used for jamon Iberico, a delicay over here and famous world wide.

The kid then pipes up and say's to the teacher " I feel offended, dont talk to me about pig's, i'm a muslim".
To which the teacher replies "Im only talking about a pig. I'm not going to stop teaching about Iberic ham, a famous part of Spanish culture, because your offended, if you dont like it your free to change school when you like"
The kid went home and told his mother who then reported him to the police for xenophobia-

The mother went on national tv crying that he told her son "if your not happy, go home to your country".

The local fiscal thought he had enough to charge him.
The local teaching authorities have supported him upto the hilt, saying he was fulfilling his teaching obligation and nothing more.

The case did'nt get out of the local fiscal's office and was closed immediately. The case should'nt have even got that far..

What next, we have to put the pork under wraps in a supermarket?
We ban carol singer's because song's about Jesus offend muslim's

Just another example of how absurd people and their respective religion's can be, but especially and only Islam takes thing's to these length's.
Ham's a no no in class
Piggin Hell
edit on 21-12-2010 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

in-freaking-credible.

you can CHARGE someone with xenophobia in spain? jesus.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thank god it got thrown out.

I love iberico and know la linea well - worked in gibraltar for a time.

idiotic.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That's pure crazy! People may disagree but if europeans moved to Muslim dominant countries they would be expected to act accordingly. Although everyone must walk on eggshells to avoid zenophobia against them when they move. Watch them try that bull in Germany, they would be laughed out! Pure bull!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellify
Thank god it got thrown out.

I love iberico and know la linea well - worked in gibraltar for a time.

idiotic.

What was once thought of as plain good old idiotic is now a serious everyday occurance here in Spain.
The arabs have got the local governments wrapped around their finger's. European law defend's their right's more than a European's.
The Spanish are really sick of them. The majority dont work, don't speak, or try to speak, Spanish and dont want to intergrate themselves, except in the benefit's office, where they REALLY intergrate themselves.
It's a potencial timebomb ticking away, and the fuse is really short.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So the fact that their whole lifestyle offends me and the simple sight of them offends me, makes no merit in court. But they can take you to court just because you said Ham??? Good for the locals for telling the sue happy muslim to bugger off.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Islamofascism is on the move people. If you refuse to defend your culture now, prepare for dhimmitude later.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The mother, trying to defend an indefendable case, on tv said she didnt report the teacher for the remark about ham, but the fact he allegedy said to her son "if your not happy here, go home to your country".

Either way the "dont talk to me about ham" part was the true nature and cause of the complaint,
This was a small but significant victory for common sense,

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Star and Flag!

Thing's now are really getting stupid.

That pretty much says it!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Maybe after all this, "HAMas" will have to change it's name to "chickenas" or something. I'm suprised the Palestinian's hav'nt been offended by the name !!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
That would be a good tag line for a song...

"Don't talk to me about ham
Don't talk to me about ham
Don't talk to me about ham, man
Don't talk to me about ham"

...million dollar club hit, I'll get right on that

More to the point, Muslims are sweet and interesting...at the proper distance, like on the next continent...a long enough distance so that it really seems like an expedition to go and visit them...too far, I think today I'll just stay home, yeah...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Spain is tremendously multicultural society, Jew's, catholic's, protestant's orthodox, jehovas etc etc etc a little bit of everything, religion wise.
Nobody bother's anyone else.
Nobody shout's "religous bias", "i feel my religous right's have been trampled" etc etc, exept for the muslim's.

Why??? Why do they do it when everyone else lives in peace??

It's time islam came into the 21st century.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Pigs exist.

Many people eat meat from pigs.

Deal with it.

We're cooking a ham next week. Do I need to live in fear that if I bring leftovers in my lunch that it will somehow be deemed culturally insensitive?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
We should send that school a dozen copies of "Green Eggs and HAM" for the kids of course!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Im a Muslim yes, but I wouldn't give a damn if someone was eating a pizza with pepperoni next to me. You folks need to stop overreacting, instead of blaming it on the religion blame it on the individual.

My religion doesn't say you cant speak about pigs, we just cant eat it, plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

My two cents:

The teacher told the student to go back to his country. That is the offensive part in my opinion.

Just to quote, so that there isn't any confusion:
Student: "He began to tell me that if I didn't like it, I could return to my country."

Just to make it fair, the teacher argued that he didn't tell him to go back to his country, rather he said, if he didn't like it, he can go to another school.

To quote:
Teacher: "And if you don't agree with the learning and the knowledge that we impart in this centre, you always have the possibility of choosing to go to another centre".

Both sides of the story being laid, now let's form the context.

The Teacher talks about ham, for educational purposes. The student says (a kid), to not talk about ham around him.

The teacher either responds "go back to your own country if you don't like it", or "go to another centre if you don't like it".

This is easily verifiable, hence there was 29 students in the class. That being said, there are 29 witnesses who will either back the teacher up, or back the student.

Since the teacher got charged, that gives us a hint, you decide in the end.
edit on 22-12-2010 by kakadudless because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2010 by kakadudless because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
So the kid wants to forbid his teacher from speaking about an important part of spanish culture because it offends him to be confronted with people consuming pigs.. and subsequently charges the teacher with xenophobia!

Oh, the inherent irony of projection.. isn't it magical. In a frustrating way.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Bet they don't support West Ham United.

Absolutely pathetic.

Up The Hammers!!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by scraze
So the kid wants to forbid his teacher from speaking about an important part of spanish culture because it offends him to be confronted with people consuming pigs.. and subsequently charges the teacher with xenophobia!

Oh, the inherent irony of projection.. isn't it magical. In a frustrating way.

Indeed!

Exactly what I was thinking...

Reminds me of that saying... "You only presume of others what you yourself are capable of".

IRM :shk:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I am a Christian. Every day, I put up with pro-atheism, pro-Muslim, pro-whatever offends me. Every day. And, amazingly, i do not charge anybody with anything! The same goes for plenty of fellows Christians, Jews, Hindi, Buddhists, atheist and even, gasp!, Muslims. This is ridiculous. In fact, all this "we can't offend anybody" crap needs to cease. I'm certain the very fact that I believe in a Triune God offends people? Are they to sue me because I mention it? Of course not! Just as they expect me to not charge them when they say something that goes against I believe. Besides, the teacher only mentioned ham, it wasn't like he shoved a pulled pork sandwich in the kid's mouth.

God give me strength, what lunacy will we see next? Wait...don't answer that. >.<

In all seriousness, hope I didn't offend.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join