It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Strange Activity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I did a search and found nothing. Now if this has been posted before then please remove.I was just looking around and came across this video and thought it was interesting. I am pretty sure that we all know about Area 51 by now. I am not sure what to make of it. Would love to hear your thoughts on it.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Like I said I do not know what is happening here. T find it interesting that they would be working around the area where nuke tests were performed. If you could see this for the first time without the knowledge of where it is one could think it was from the moon with all the craters around. Again would love to hear what you think about it.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Do nuclear blasts turn sand into glass ?
if so, these towers being placed in the craters might
be a way of making disc antena arays ?(wires, towers,curved disc's )
These things are seen on the moon and mars as well.
Just a thought! (home made phased arays ?)

BrainGarden
edit on America/Chicagopm4531America/ChicagoSat, 18 Dec 2010 12:42:45 -060012 3142 by BrainGarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
they're mining radioactive deposits for new weapon and fuel development. think about it? what type of new material could you capture after a deep earth nuclear detonation? must be some pretty gnarly stuff worth jeopardizing lives over to retrieve?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
I did a search and found nothing. Now if this has been posted before then please remove.I was just looking around and came across this video and thought it was interesting. I am pretty sure that we all know about Area 51 by now. I am not sure what to make of it. Would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Whoever made this video has so little clue, I don't know where to begin. For starters, the majority of those craters are from old underground tests, so the nuclear "fallout" is contained in an underground cavern created by the blast. They are still monitored I believe, as well there has been an ongoing cleanup.

The site with the "pyramid" is the BEEF (Big Explosive Experimental Facility) site. I didn't bother even watching the rest of it.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Interesting video. Someone else posted a video about John Lear who said that liens are chowing down on us. He mentioned that they had underground labs for the Alien scientists at Area 51. Supposedly, the US was collaborating with them but now they have gotten totally out of control and the US regrets having given them a toehold. If that's the case, I'd like to invite them to DC for a buffet!

Anyhow, didn't want to post off-topic but that other thread may provide a working hypothesis for what you found here...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

I did see that thread and it was very interesting to read. I agree that there is a buffet in washington that they need to enjoy. They may get sick from all the crap they will be eating.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

I did see that thread and it was very interesting to read. I agree that there is a buffet in washington that they need to enjoy. They may get sick from all the crap they will be eating.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
How much faith should I put in an "Area 51" youtube video that contains nothing but Google Earth imagery of the Nevada Test Site, but fails to actually show Area 51. The answer would be "not much."

The NTS (N2S2 or whatever they call it these days) has their radioactivity under control, thank you very much. Most of the range is no hotter than background radiation.

All underground tests had instrumentation associated with the test. They build large tower to hold the instrumentation, then run cables back to logging gear. The tower for ICECAP is still there, as well as a tower at the DOE facility in North Las Vegas My assumption is they just leave the cable there after the test. For a new test, they got new cables. Failure is not an option when you are exploding nukes, so they probably avoided recycling the cables.

Not well known unless you have been on the NTS, but there are areas where underground nuke tests have been done without craters forming. They have signs that indicate potential crater site or something like that.

You can go to Project Faultless near route 6 and walk around an underground nuclear explosion site. There is no crater, but the ground does look a bit distressed. Basecamp started out as the staging area for Project Faultless. When the AEC gave up on the Central Nevada test site, the USAF took over Basecamp.

Project Faultless
Should anyone every ask you where Area 58 is located, well now you know!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Ive looked at that test range and think the craters are from underground explosions there must be a huge facility under the surface, bigger then thought! this video
looks like same crater makes? underground would cover some radiation to wouldnt it?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by P-M-H

The underground chamber created by a test is quite radioactive. The soil on top not so much. Sedan Crater IIRC was around 20uR/hr at the observation point, while background radiation is 10uR/hr to 15 uR/hr.

Trust me, there are no bases in these underground chambers. Ever underground test was followed up by a drill back test. They would drill into the chamber and often release radioactivity into the atmosphere.

When scientists were happy with computer simulation accuracy, the US agreed to the test ban treaty. There are still explosive tests done at the NTS, but they are subcritical.

There was talk of using some craters for low level nuclear waste storage.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

May be you should have paid a bit closer attention to the video since this is at the beginning.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f2574539862.jpg[/atsimg]

That should be reason enough why you did not see much of the actual Area 51 complex.

I am not trying to be an ass with my reply just pointing it out sorry if it comes out that way.
edit on 19-12-2010 by tsurfer2000h because: added comment

edit on 19-12-2010 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I am asking the mods to close this thread and send members to this thread..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This other thread as better pics than this video and has more info on it. Again please close this thread and send members to the other thread. Thank You.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

The NTS is not located in the western part of Area 51. Rather Area 51 was at one time part of the NTS. Thus that text is just one of many errors in that video.

edit on 19-12-2010 by gariac because: Typo

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Man I just wish I was invisible so I can just walk in, lol.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Yes ive watched most of the dvd docos about nuke testing on that site its amazing what tests they ran i like the one when they launched a nuke into outer space

new topics

top topics

join