It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Axe and A Match

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

I cant say as I know enough about "Old Australia" to comment on that. Unlike some other members around here, I only speak to that which I know of or at least have a clue, and this is by no means directed at you, just a general comment for the record as they say.

So, now to the broken axe.... as far as this thread goes, I think I was just trying to put the really bad guys on the island. The ones we are pretty darn certain committed murder. The "HOW" they did it is just semantics at the moment of this conversation.

The point is someone died at the hands of another. If one can sit on death row for years upon years waiting for the switch, then they can sit on a island amongst their peers broken axe or not. The weapon they raised, whatever it was , worked fine for them to commit whatever atrocity it was. They had no problem with that. I have no problem with a fine working axe or a broken one...

The way our government spends money on a $30.00 screw for the military, Im sure our bleeding hearts would make sure they got a $200.00 axe weather it was worth it or not.

You were on your own when you committed the crime.... you are on your own if the axe cracks...If you are smart you'll save the match

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
You know the funny thing about this whole thread is, people focused on the axe. Why not the folks that might benefit form this type of change?

You are steps away from foreclosure... two steps from living in the streets. You worked hard, obviously just not hard enough. Why not reap what is given to the really non deserving. You probably wouldn't be on the streets if you weren't paying for that as well. Why does the criminal get the comfort?

Ok so the accommodations aren't all that great, we can give you a axe and a saw and a screwdriver, would you make it better?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Dr Cosma

also the terrorists, no?
But to the Government in future years to come anyone who opposes them will be a terrorist. In some places you cannot even protest.

I think you answered your own question there. "Hopefully" the term "terrorist" goes away soon. Enemy combatants are not terrorists. Criminals are not terrorists. Protestors and opposition of the current regime are not terrorists......so what the hell is a terrorist?

I believe people caught or killed in an action by the military, or during a military struggle should be treated as enemy soldiers, regardless of whether they have a uniform or not. I believe people caught or killed by law enforcement or in a civilian setting should be treated as criminals, regardless of their religious affiliation or nationality. "Terrorist" needs to leave our vocabulary as soon as possible.

Yes I totally agree.
Well said actually star there.
The word terrorist is being misused.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

my point is, even though the prison systems are totally corrupt, they are supposed to be reabilitation centres, penitentiary.
Some crimes are extreme and should be punished extremley I agree, there are just some evil people around.
There is no way to study ourselves if were just going to send all the criminals to an island.
We are an evolving race, we aint reached that part yet where we know everything.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join