It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOGZILLA - the wild pig the size of a truck.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
More on the story here:

web.archive.org...://www.monsterpig.com/

I believe this website was done by the father.

As has been said, the pig was domesticated.

edit on 22/12/10 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Actually , if I recall correctly , the photo you posted is the actual fake . Notice how the boy's hand rests on the hog , yet none of the hair on the hog can be seen to "stand up" around the hand . I don't have a link at the moment , but the two photos were analyzed and it was determined that the photo in the OP was legitimate . The boy was positioned about 6 or 7 feet behind the pig , if I recall correctly , giving the perspective that the pig is much larger .

So no , the OP photo has not been proven a fake , although it has been proven to have employed a bit of photog trickery .

Here is one analysis of the photo .

www.stinkyjournalism.org...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Here's a site (with photos) which debunks the "StinkyJournalism" link you have posted above:

Evidence of manipulation of Hog Photograph

edit on 22/12/2010 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i dont think it was real but if it was wouldnt people ask to see the carcass of the supposed giant pig? Whole thing smells fishy or piggy
sorry bad joke
and yes ive seen much better photo shop skills

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I watched a program once about hogzilla's (cant for the life of me remember what channel) they showed that farm bred pigs (the normal pink variety) will, if released/escaped into the wild, start to revert to 'wild boar type' they concluded it was something to do with the food, their skulls and snouts would even change shape (due to foraging for food) and they would grow dark wiry wild boar hair, as farm bred pigs are BIG animals it was concluded that the hogzillas are just escaped pigs that have reverted back to type!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
Someone needs to work on their photoshop skills. You can clearly see a difference in pixelation between the boy and the rest of the image just zooming in on the browser. You can also see the top of the boys knee just barely above the hog's back.. The length from his knee to foot would be freakishly long if he were actually sitting the way he's posed.
edit on 14-12-2010 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

abcnews.go.com...

Hogzilla was real. This has been confirmed before. Besides, this is an old story. This is from almost five years ago.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

So this story is real truthseeker.
And that pic is fifty years old truthseeker.
I am no expert but seriously.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
still not convinced of this being real, how come there hasnt been any more photos surfacing?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
I watched a program once about hogzilla's (cant for the life of me remember what channel) they showed that farm bred pigs (the normal pink variety) will, if released/escaped into the wild, start to revert to 'wild boar type' they concluded it was something to do with the food, their skulls and snouts would even change shape (due to foraging for food) and they would grow dark wiry wild boar hair, as farm bred pigs are BIG animals it was concluded that the hogzillas are just escaped pigs that have reverted back to type!

This. And Wild hogs can get this massive as well. We have a problem with them down here- so much that you don't need a liscence to hunt them. I think in some states with Hog problems they will pay you to hunt them as well.

Despite the OP's story being a hoax, hogs can get big and rather dangerous.

<< 1   >>

join