It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"it never comes down on willie brown"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
you might know this quote from princess diaries released 3 August 2001 and if not, this is a quote by mayor willie brown of San Fransisco playing himself in the movie.

this is the only explanation for the quote I could find.
www.mistersf.com...

A reporter asks the mayor if it looks like rain. Perhaps eluding to his Teflon political career, the mayor answers, "It never comes down on Willie Brown."

when I first heard this years ago, I was in another room while my daughter was watching this movie and in passing I heard the quote and thought immediately - willie brown, didn't he get a call the night before 911 from Condoliza saying not to fly on 911?>
source

this has been in the back of my mind for a while and I am wondering if anyone else noticed this strange line? and if anyone has any other theories as to what the writer or maybe willie brown himself was implying when saying this line? seems to me he has some connections.

probably only a small connection to 911 but with the release date of the movie this quote just creeps me out...

edit on 12/13/2010 by -W1LL because: link to Rice call

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
when I first heard this years ago, I was in another room while my daughter was watching this movie and in passing I heard the quote and thought immediately - willie brown, didn't he get a call the night before 911 from Condoliza saying not to fly on 911?>
source

No.

Willie Brown didn't recieve a call from Condoleeza Rice, instead he had called his security people at SFO who advised him that a State Department memo was warning Americans about threats against air travel. He was about to leave for the airport on the morning on 9/11, when air travel was shut down.

Brown's warning: In the five years since 9/11, the question of how then-San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown got a warning about flying that day continues to live on in the blogosphere -- and conspiracy theories abound.

"The latest version is that Condoleezza Rice alerted me personally,'' Brown said this week. "It's all part of the ongoing myth."

The "myth" has its origins in the night before the attacks, when Brown called "my security people at the airport'' to check on his flight to New York the next morning.

What the mayor got from his source was a warning that Americans should be concerned about traveling.

articles.sfgate.com...
edit on 13-12-2010 by roboe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by roboe

well that's not how he said it in his first interview, I will find it, its from a documentary and he clearly says something very different than your what your article.

your article basically just says all the stories of willie browns warning the day before 911 are untrue and misrepresented, WHY- because I say so.. therefore I Cannot take that article with any seriousness I tend to believe his first statements about the warning not the prewashed responses he is given after the fact.

either way it doesn't take away from the fact that more than one person was warned before 911 why weren't the american people issued a warning would have been nice to know.
oh wait I forgot national insecurity the people want to be blind and protected, our controllers cite national security to conceal their lies and keep up protected from thing like this now. (after they let it happen)
edit on 12/13/2010 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Brown received a call...

Apparently, Brown said he RECEIVED a call...

top topics

join