It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin sings 'Blueberry Hill'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Full video of Vladimir Putin playing the piano and singing "Blueberry Hill". The Russian prime minister is used to taking to the stage, but this time it was not for one of his speeches. Vladimir Putin made his audience sit up and take note, as he sang at a charity fundraiser. The reception at an ice stadium in St. Petersburg was dedicated to fighting children's cancer. International celebrities including Kevin Costner, Gerard Depardieu, Mickey Rourke, Sharon Stone, Kurt Russell, Vincent Cassel, Monica Belucci, Ornella Muti, Goldie Hawn and many others attended the benefit concert. Many of the stars are actively involved in charity work which draws needed attention to children's oncological and ophthalmological diseases.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I was wondering if he took request.

What would you like to hear him sing?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Putin sings Queen! (w/ special guest stars Milosovic and Palin)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Awesome post!

That has to be one of the most surreal things I ever saw!
but I'm pretty sure it's "blueberry hill" not " blowbeeree hheel"

I just had a wtf moment. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Just needed to post this.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Say what you want about Putin's political style but this man is awsome in my book. What Prime Minister of a major country sings for a charity? Like him or not he is a great person and is incredibly selfless since he left Presidency.

Two thumbs up for Putin!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Is he performing in Russia? If so, my has Russia changed. Look at how far they've come, seriously. Everyone is dressed nice, happy, they all look good. Sure, we've seen Russia "demonized" by the U.S. media, but from what things are looking like over there now, they seem to be doing pretty well for themselves. I've heard that people are becoming more and more wealthy over there. Something like Bentley's bought in Russia in the year 2000: 100. Bentley's bought in Russia in 2009: 1000+

I know a scene like that doesn't account for the whole nation, nor does it mean the whole nation is doing that well, but you have to look at how it's being projected. Russia is changing for the better.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Putin has charisma and is hot , but not as hot as johnny depp

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HelionPrime

Yea, Putin singing to American stars,

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I honestly don't know a whole lot about the man, or what he's done in his political career. But I think it is nice he is singing for charity. And as far as bill clinton goes..well, when he was in office, I saw him play sax and thought he was the first 'cool' president ever lol

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hmm.. I think Putin is missing the entire point of singing a song like this, which is to sing with deep feeling and inflection. It just doesn't work without some kind of southern drawl or bent, bluesy notes.

Do Russians even have souls?
Way to be creepy, Vlad! ;-D

join