It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone out there have any hope for the future at all???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I love ATS and I'm on here everyday learning more and more about subjects and facts I never knew existed and find fascinating. Debating on here is one of my favorite things to do whether I agree or disagree we are all obviously entitled to our opinions and that is what makes this site great. That being said I'm beginning to find myself giving up hope on the world and the people in it for various reasons. From wars to corrupt leaders,terrorists,volcanoes,tsunamis,anti-christ, North and South Korea, I could go on and on but basically I still want to believe that their is good in this world and that yes, their still is hope for us. Does anyone feel this way? If we have no hope then what do we have to live for or what do we teach our children? That our world is soon going to hell and enjoy life while you can? I almost find myself not caring anymore what happens because I am getting numb to it all. Does anyone feel the same and still have hope we can turn this train wreck around?

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

The world isn't as bad as the majority of ATSers try to paint it.

The world isn't as good as American Idol tries to paint it.

It's somewhere in the middle...overall...not bad. If you are on ATS, you are on a computer, most likely in a nice warm (or cool if you are in a hot climate) building, you probably ate today, and you most likely aren't dodging bullets or bombs.

Things aren't that bad.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I wasn't really sure what one I should have used. My apologies if it is incorrect.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I agree with your assessment and yes you are correct about me lol. I know it's my choice what I choose to read and listen too but I just feel the doom and gloom is around every corner now.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
One of the most comforting things, perhaps: I've been expecting imminent doom for decades and so far, we've held on better than I would have imagined possible, all things told. That's not to say there is no reason to worry, of course. Past performace is never a guarantee of future results, etc etc. "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean the man in the black coat isn't following you," as they say.

One thing you can do: Try to recognize your biases. If you know you have a doom-y bias, try to determine how strong it is. Look at the times you've been wrong, the things you've been wrong about, and try to nudge your mind slightly towards a more balanced zone by compensating.

Beyond that, if it really becomes overwhelming, try to focus a bit more on the simple things: Family, friends, loved ones, the beauty of the light in the afternoon, the sound the wind makes through the curtains, etc. Eat right, exercise, get sunlight, do all the things you know you should do but never quite can to create a more balaced self, and help out with those around you who are in worse shape than you.

edit on 11/30/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Despite all i know and understand i have a strange optimism about the future. We are in transition. Kind of like the gangly teenager who everyone thinks is going to hell in a hand basket but eventually he grows up and becomes a decent human being. It is always darkest before the dawn.

We are headed into a storm for a while but we will come out the other side better for it. I have felt like you several times in my life and one of the things I discovered is you have to balance the negative with the positive. Give yourself a break from the negative on a regular basis and look for the positive. There is still al of of good in the world but if your focused on nothing but the bad how you gonna see it?

Take some time and enjoy family friends and loved ones. Do some of the things you enjoy doing. Doesn't mean we ignore problems but you still gotta live your life. Where your attention is at the most will color your life.

The corruptions we have been living with the last century are coming unravelled. The stuff going on is the system trying to save it self because it knows it is dying. It may get worse before it gets better but many people are now looking for alternative better ways to live these are the seeds of a new freer society.

Put your attention on the good for the next several weeks and I promise you your perspective will change. Also pay attention to your spiritual/quantum side what ever that may be and that will help too. This is only a second in the grand scheme of things.
edit on 30-11-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Those tips are some of the things I have been trying to do lately, I am appreciating what I have and my true friends and family more. Sometimes it works and other times I find myself getting ready mentally for something bad to happen, more war or economic collapse and what not. Maybe their is nothing wrong with that because I recognize the possible dangers we all face but I don't want to assume it will happen because that is what I have been doing.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Ive said this before.. and keep saying it to myself too because its hard to wrap the brain about all of the issues surrounding it : America is a very young country.. she will have a lot more ups and down. There will be great changes yet and not dissimilar than ones in the past. People thought it was the end during the civil war. We made it... we grew. In some bad ways and some good. You just have to roll with the punches IMO.

Im an American foremost. I dont plan on jumping ship like a weenie
I will stick with her through these changes.. even the ones I absolutely hate. I have faith that at some point the American people will get their collective heads out of their collective butts and force the change in the direction we want based upon our founding documents.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Does anyone out there have any hope for the future at all?

One thing... the one subject that is largely neglected is just how close we came to getting the world we all wanted. Because we did... we came oh so close.

>NATO won the Cold War... communism was defeated when the former Soviet Union imploded. We stood on the edge of a great era of peace for Europe.

>Israel and Palestine were at the brink of signing a long term peace that would have created a legitimate Palestinian state alongside Israel.

>North and South Korea were beginning to move together with the border tensions fading.

>India and Pakistan had opened borders for travel and tourism.

There was a window during the 1990s when it all could have been realized. But the west blew its chance by trying to hold Russia down and keep it like a pet... a debtor nation that was rotting from decay. In the middle east, Yassar Arafat reneged at the last moment which led to the second intifada and ruined any chance of there being a peace there for generations. North Korea cheated on its agreement with Washington and ran its nuclear weapons program that would be later uncovered and lead directly to where we are now. And with no Soviet Union to work against, India and Pakistan's problems were put on the back burner which allowed Islamic militants to grow and expand in the region.

In sum, we did this to ourselves, in no small part to the fact that the military-industrial complex had no interest in global peace and secondly, out of the same smug arrogance that was displayed following WW1 to Germany and led to the rise of Hitler and fascism.

It took 50 years following WW2 for the world to get that close to peace. It will take at least that long again for us to find our way back again... if we even manage not to destroy ourselves this time around.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
No.

Our military industrial complex didn't want to die after Russia fell. So the entire National Wealth of our country was funneled into China. They created the new monster, expected to get rich off of it....go to war with it..and get rich again building it back up.

If we go to war with China or try to pry Taiwan from them we will start a global nuclear war mankind may not survive.

WE allowed it all to happen. It won't be China's fault they have to launch nuclear weapons. It won't be Russia's fault they have to launch their nuclear weapons.

Our military industrial complex refused to be cut down after Russia fell. We're all going to die because of them.

What they plotted to keep them alive was pure evil.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The current way of doing things leads to great imbalance and sickness. Excessive consumerism, the media, product advertising, resource wars, corrupt politics, and fear all want to find a home in our heads. Dark beings want to control others because the light has been stripped from their veins. I really find it hard to understand why they would go through so much trouble to enslave our minds. Perhaps they need us to believe in their NWO creation to bring it about. They do seem to have their foot on the accelerator lately.

I've found myself to be too occupied lately with their games and feel that I need a break from trying to understand the beast.

What we need is a different way of living. Living our lives with meaning and to be closer with the Earth. Nature provides with a greater mystery than anything they can sell us or entertain us with if we choose to look. Enjoy Life and allow it to empower you by understanding something real. You can't buy it with paper or gold.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You all have brought up valid points and cannot disagree with any of you. I really want people to become more educated and not brainwashed. To stop listening to the main stream media and the politicians they falsely believe are looking out for there interests. We need to take our world back and I feel educating ourselves is the only way this can be accomplished. So many still think we are living in the good old days and I tell them to read, understand our history, world history to understand what is happening today and may, and I hate to say it because this was the point of my thread, what dangers lie ahead for tomorrow. History is repeating itself 1930's and 40's style and this is what I fear the most but I also want to believe we can take control of this and that nothing is set in stone.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Look at history...we are not any where we have never been before. The world was falling apart in the early 1800s...and in the mid 1800s..and in the early 1900s..and in the mid 1900s...oh, do you remember the 0s..oh and the 70s...rather redundant. That is the point.

There will be tommorow, just be prepared to face it and thrive. Enjoy the life we have now...tommorow is never promised.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
In reality there is hope out there for some I do believe. Although the study/studies that have taken place about "Eugenics" (genocide?), indicate to me that people with money at least discuss population reduction...in my opinion they will need to keep a considerable amount of us alive, to act as servants and consumers of there unessential goods and wares.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I dont have hope for this train wreck but I do see a new form of transportation for hope to be distributed with so YES THERE IS HOPE FOR FURTHER ADVANCE WITHIN EXISTANCE. remember Pandoras box friends. Hope is very powerful and usually hangs out near major discomfort.

top topics

join