It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Approves Gay Marriage!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I live in IL and was certainly surprised to see that it passed... I thought the medical marijuana bill would've passed before that. But either way, go IL!
I'm all for equality, but there's a part of me that likes the fact that this is going to piss certain people off, and that amuses me

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by casijones

Im not gay, but when they pass the medmar I may just be moseying over to Illinois. I do have kin folk there.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Illinois has now become another Sodom and Gomorrah simply by their approval of the Biblically forbidden practice of gay marriage!!!

What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah?

Sodom and Gomorrah

When the prophesied destruction of the United States occurs according to Revelation 18, Illinois would be hit with more damaging nukes!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by casijones

Im not gay, but when they pass the medmar I may just be moseying over to Illinois. I do have kin folk there.

If you do, I'd suggest the central IL area ( that's where i'm from)... Chicago area is too expensive and the people tend to be rude, southern parts are ok, but not much to do if you're a busy body... Central area has a nice mix of everything and cost of living is decent. But at least by then, medmar and civil unions are ok whereever you go

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

When the prophesied destruction of the United States occurs according to Revelation 18, Illinois would be hit with more damaging nukes!!!

What about all the states that passed the same bill before IL did?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon
Illinois has now become another Sodom and Gomorrah simply by their approval of the Biblically forbidden practice of gay marriage!!!

Sodom and Gomorrah

Oh my. Really? You do know there is sodomy occuring nightly in heterosexual unions all across our nation? That sodomy is the number one method of sex chosen by our Jr High kids nowadays?

It is aka ORAL SEX. Sodomy=oral sex. So I guess everyone will burn, according to prophesy.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironfalcon

Sodom and Gomorrah

I encourage you to pick up a version of the Bible that was published before 1948.

And point out the word "homosexual" in it. Anywhere.

The only immoral reference of Sodom and Gomorrah is when the people ask lot to bring the angels down so that they can have sex with them. You would have to be a perver... I mean Christian to think that the act of homosexuality is more immoral than the act of rape in any situation. Take your segregatory agenda elsewhere.

Looks like another evangelical entity gracing us with regurgitated nonsensical propaganda from the desk of control.

Do you believe everything you read, or just the material that has been changed thousands of times over the course of history?

You have no relationship with God if your goal is to segregate His children.

But I guess it's easy to control people... when they "just want to be a sheep"

Hook 'Em Young..
edit on 5-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Was that the true sin of Sodom and Gomorrah? Many biblical scholars are divided in that aspect, and one would think to look at the over all context of the lesson there. The real shame of using the entire religious aspect in any debate, is that many tend to just pick and choose which of the laws in the bible they will follow, rather than all of them. They tend to forget the other 615 laws that were set down in the old testament.
But lets go back to the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah, as from the other side. Many believe that the true sin and lesson of Sodom and Gomorrah was the sin of failing to be hospitable. In that area of the world, the laws on hospitality and guests are very strict, to even the conduct of the guest and his responsibility to those under his roof. What would have been the result if Lot had failed to provide the 2 angels that, would the story have been different?
Morality is a strange and fickle thing, when dealing in a nation of laws, cause you never want to put religion in the mix. Make no mistake, the very laws that one would seek to prevent when it comes to one group, will ultimately open up a door that affects the very people who supported those laws in the first place. You make claims about such, but how about some proof where such will lead to the down fall or even the destruction of a state, land or country, beyond the biblical reference. The religious references are nice, but are nothing concrete as the sources are too few and far between. The point and case on this, to show where religious law can run amok would be Iran, of all places. The guiding law there is Sharia, where the people are often punished for violating one tenant or another, and sometimes in ways we would consider violent or even barbaric. Think about it, would you be willing to institute, as is prescribed in the bible, the eye for an eye principle of punishment for any laws that you may violate? It can be a very dangerous thing, as the punishments and how to live are pretty clear cut.
But beyond that, would you deny rights to any citizen that did not meet your or a groups standards on what was right, wrong or moral?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join