It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a new [indepenent] investigation, yes or no and why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
i ran into an old friend and while discussing politics 9/11 came up.
i was dumbfounded to hear him say there was no need for a new investigation.
even if one believes the conclusion, is there not enough inconsistencies, incredible coincidences,
not to mention the past history of the investigators themselves.

so, here we go ats.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Yes and No

No because the issue is physics and there is nothing to investigate. A person must be mentally retarded to believe that an airliner weighing less than 200 tons could TOTALLY DESTROY a skyscraper weighing more than 400,000 tons in less than two hours and not be shocked that the EXPERTS spend NINE YEARS not talking about the distribution of steel in the skyscraper. Even people screaming about conspiracies and investigations don't talk about it, like Steven Jones and Richard Gage. I asked Gage about it in 2008 and he got a surprised look on his face and said the NIST wasn't releasing accurate blue prints. It is gravity that determines how the steel had to be distributed not blueprints. Gravity does not change.

YES, because once people get it through their heads that airliners could not possibly have done it then we need to figure out how and who.

But we also need to investigate why so many engineering schools are so silent on the subject and how Purdue could make a SCIENTIFIC SIMULATION where the core columns don't move due to the impact of the plane and yet the NIST analyzed the deflection of the south tower with a digital camera.

The entire psychology of the physics community needs to be investigated over this issue.

How can people claiming to understand physics not comprehend the importance of the distribution of mass of a tall narrow structure when hit by a sheer force at one point?

9/11 is the Piltdown Man incident of the 21st century.

psik

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

Yes, there should be more investigations, if for no other reason than becuase it's the most critical moment in US history since Pearl Harbor and it needs to be documented. We know what sank the Titanic but subsequent visits to the wreck are always turning up new information about how it sank. Wouldn't it be something intriguing if the remains of Mohammed Atta turned up to have huge trace amounts of drugs?

The question isn't whether we need further investigations, but rather, just what IS an independent investigation? Up until now, the conspiracy people are labelling everyone with even a hint of gov't connections as being untrustworthy, but the problem is, the only ones who could even do any such investigation necessarily are those with gov't connections. If you want to know how planes were put together you'll necessarily need to talk to Boeing, if you want to discuss crash site forensics you'll necessarily need to talk to the FAA, military operations would be NORAD, security procedures within the towers were handled by the NYPA, and DNA research would need to be whatever FBI laboratory they used, all of which have been accused of being involved in one coverup or another. Who the heck is left who could do any credible investigation and still be independent?

Personally, I think this "independent investigation" bit is just another cute game the conspiracy people are playing to cling to their preposterous conspiracy stories, as it always seems the one thing they insist will change their mind is always conveniently something that doesn't even exist. No matter what investigation anyone conducts from now until doomsday, the conspiracy people will always find a reason for why it's really not independent.
edit on 24-11-2010 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Yes , I agree there should be further investigation(s) .

Why ? Because , at the very least , there were massive intelligence failures that allowed this to happen . It is common knowledge that the intelligence agencies bicker and squable amongst themselves and outright refuse to share information with each other .

There are people within those agencies , who to this day , KNOW that 9/11 could have been averted , had the intelligence been available and transparent to each individual agency and military . Cover-up ? Hell yes , there was and is a cover-up . The idiots who were dickering with each other over jurisdiction and who could piss the farthest , are now conspirators in the desperate and diabolical game of covering each other's asses .

The whole intelligence community needs to be abolished and restructured .

Yes , I firmly believe there are people , not just one or two but , several people , who had intelligence information that , when combined and shared , could have prevented 9/11 .

Instead of perpetuating all of the nonsense in these 9/11 threads , Everyone should be focusing their efforts on finding out who these intelligence personnel were , and are .

We can read license plates from space , and listen in on conversations across the globe , and intercept and decipher messages , etc . So , no one will ever convince me that 9/11 could not have been averted .

I do believe it was terrorists who pulled it off . I also believe there are still those who helped fund and orchestrate 9/11 who have not been brought to justice . I can't elaborate on those silent-partners because I honestly don't know who they are , at this time .

I do not believe the attacks were carried out by my own government though . Take it or leave it .

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yes, there should be a new investigation. Why? Because it's obvious that millions of people are not satisfied with the OS. I'm convinced the net neutrality laws they are trying to impose is directly connected to this very issue. History cannot provide an example of the sheer power of the internet to disseminate information world-wide in a matter of minutes, a fact that those responsible for 911 did not comprehend. Even though I'm just one man my voice can be heard by millions almost instantly, and that is why they can't stop the truth from being known. There are enough of us, and if we yell loud enough they have to listen. It's simple math.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

We are now in our 10th year , people have been yelling over the internet for nine long years now , and still , not one out of the millions of people who have participated in this "yelling" has procured a smidgen of what could be used for evidence in a court of law , to prove an inside job .

Nine years . You don't think the "inside-jobbers" have heard you by now ? How long you gotta yell , before you prove anything ?

Haven't you heard ? There's no yelling going on . Just a bunch of people settin' around on their computers , wanting desperately to be the first person who finally proves "inside-job" . That's all . I mean , take a look at how many of us "debunkers" make threads trying to prove to you guys that the attacks were carried out by terrorists

Now , compare that to the number of threads that are made by truthers , where they try to convince the entire planet that the real boogie man is actually thousands , if not tens of thousands , of boogie men .

Yep , there should be at least thousands of people walking amongst us , who have insider-trading on the real truth . Yet not a single one of them has ever shared an intimate moment with another human being , in which they confess to knowing the real truth . Hmmm ... I aint buyin' it .

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

i understood everyones response till i came to yours.
what does asking for a new investigation have to do with truthers?
what does it have to do with the claim of an inside job?
you're basically catagorizing every human that wants a new investigation as a truther.
i disagree with this concept.
i think there are many questions that need answered..........period.

persoanlly, i'm more in the line with these guys than the truthers.

Below are excerpts from the lists of questions the Family Steering Committee has submitted to the 9/11 Commission.

9/11 familiy questions

so, in other words, are all these family members 'truthers' in your opinion.
if someone raises a question that has yet to be answered, does that make them a truther?

top topics

join