It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy gang-raped by 10 women:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
I just hope the lad recovers. Rape is the stealing of one's soul & trust and has to be dealt with swiftly and justly. Hopefully he'll get counseling and recover. My best thoughts his way.

M.L.

From the psychology I have studied the experience of being raped is horrible. That being said, I'm nervous about saying this next part, the trauma is far far worse for men than for women. And that's just speaking of the damage to the psyche. As some of the deleted comments in this post will serve to prove, the social stigma is also stacked against men as well.

David Grouchy

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I think that you should stop playing Columbo.

What have you posted that is remotely relevant to this crime, other than your own snide preconceptions.

Are you a police office in Papua New Guinea who is investigating this case ? I'm guessing that the answer is ''no''. So, why you're spreading unsubstantiated personal musings, I do not know.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Do you read what is posted or just go on spontaneous attack?

EVERYTHING linked and posted is relevant to this.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

You're right, that boy will be scarred for life now.

You know, if I had a time machine, I would go and take his place. I would even do battle with all 10 of those hyenas, not just 4!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Do you read what is posted or just go on spontaneous attack?

EVERYTHING linked and posted is relevant to this.

Do you actually appreciate that Papua New Guinea isn't just a hick town in the US ?

The rape occurred in Southern Highlands province, and the link you provided was of a rape in the Western Highlands province.

Considering that sexual violence is rife in PNG, then I wouldn't make too much of a connection between a boy being raped in one province and a girl being raped in another,

What possible link is there between the two cases, other than your own unsubstantiated musings ?

edit on 23-11-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Attention:

Can we please focus on the topic and NOT on each other?

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Do you actually understand that Papua New Guinea isn't just a hicktown in the US ?

I'm going to ignore your blatant trolling and simply invite you to read the T&C. This kind of behavior is beneath the standards of ATS. And to be blunt, you're not very good at it anyway, so I would offer a friendly suggestion to find a more enlightened and courteous posting style. You'll earn more respect that way.

The rape occurred in Southern Highlands province, and the link you provided was of a rape in the Western Highlands province.

While this sounds damning and rational, it in fact is not. Mendi and Mount Hagan (The two cities in question) appear to be roughly 75 (or so) miles apart, eying the map scale.

Link to raw map

Suggesting that situations within a 100 miles of one another, especially regarding issues which bear this much similarity, cannot have anything in common is simply folly.

Trying to make it appear as though I were comparing completely different regions simply shows a lack of research on your part.

Considering that sexual violence is rife in PNG, then I wouldn't make too much of a connection between a boy being raped in one province and a girl being raped in another,
What possible link is there between the two cases, other than your own unsubstantiated musings ?

The "possible link" is clear to see. It speaks directly to habit, behavior, and regional and cultural motives for such a crime. Specifically a motive for a group of women to deliberately risk infecting a student with a virus. If they live in a culture where they are subject to rape, and could have been infected in this manner - then it is directly applicable as to motive.

~Heff
edit on 11/23/10 by Hefficide because: content

edit on 11/23/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I don't understand what you are getting at. Are you trying to speculate that this dude raped them first, so they raped him back for revenge?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

No, I think the speculation is that the women of that area have been enduring these crimes for a long time and are probably victims themselves, or may know someone who was... the attack on the boy? Perhaps them lashing out in anger and revenge?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'm sorry people, but those of you that think rape is impossible with a man are highly mistaken.

In Fact this happens far more than most realize.

Here are a few articles to prove my point

six men gang raped for ritual
man raped and beaten by former lover
woman rapes 10 men

If you were to do a google search you would find many incidents of women raping men and boys.

but let's not forget that a vary low percentage of males raped my females would ever be reported. What man wants to admit that, and go through the slander he would have to face the rest of his life, by both men and women.

Men calling him weak

Women calling him a liar.

edit on 23-11-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Well that doesn't make much sense to me if that is the case really. I know a few people of both genders that were raped, and none of them would go around raping other innocent people. Simply for the fact that they know how much it sucks to get raped and wouldn't wish that on another person.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
I am straining to understand how 'rape' occurred. Rape is generally described in terms of penetration.
Was the boy penetrated? Males typically either want sex or not.

Wrong.

Rape has got nothing to do with penetration, and everything to do with consent.

Believe it or not, but men and boys aren't always ''gagging for it''.

It is not uncommon for boys to have sex forced upon them by sick, twisted women.

Often it is sick twisted men who rape boys.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Often violent perps have excuses of revenge for hurting the inncoent. It is totally bogus.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

I don't understand what you are getting at. Are you trying to speculate that this dude raped them first, so they raped him back for revenge?

No he was saying its a possibility that due to the high number of rape cases in Papua New Guinea, that the motivation for the rape, was an act of revenge. He's not claiming this is fact, its just one possibility for motives of the attack.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

But you are looking at it, I think, within a cultural context. If you read the links provided, or just Google the words "rape" and "New Guinea" together you'll quickly see that this subject is a huge social issue and is a prevalent behavior in this culture. It is literally an epidemic there. This appears to be a society where such behaviors are used as a tool or a means to subjugate others.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I'm going to ignore your blatant trolling and simply invite you to read the T&C. This kind of behavior is beneath the standards of ATS. And to be blunt, you're not very good at it anyway, so I would offer a friendly suggestion to find a more enlightened and courteous posting style. You'll earn more respect that way.

With respect to the previous mod warnings, I shall refrain from laying in to you.

I am not trolling. And I think that it is a poor tactic for you to accuse me of doing so.

As far as I know, I have not violated any of the terms and conditions of this site, so I'd respectfully ask you to bark up another tree.

While this sounds damning and rational, it in fact is not. Mendi and Mount Hagan (The two cities in question) appear to be roughly 75 (or so) miles apart, eying the map scale.

Figures suggest that there are 1,500 reported rapes per year in PNG, or about four or five per day.

Do you really think that one rape that occurred 75 miles away from the incident in the OP, is particularly relevant in the whole context of sexual violence in Papua New Guinea ?

Bearing in mind that the figure of 1,500 is only those rapes that are reported.

Suggesting that situations within a 100 miles of one another, especially regarding issues which bear this much similarity, cannot have anything in common is simply folly.

With respect, there is absolutely no similarity between a group of armed women gang-raping a boy, and the other incident that you linked to... Other than the crime of rape, which I've already pointed out occurs at an alarmingly high rate in PNG.

Trying to make it appear as though I were comparing completely different regions simply shows a lack of research on your part.

You were comparing cities in different provinces that, by your own acknowledgement, are about 75-100 miles apart.

There was no lack of research on my part. This is like linking a crime in Birmingham with a superficially similar one in London.

The "possible link" is clear to see. It speaks directly to habit, behavior, and regional and cultural motives for such a crime. Specifically a motive for a group of women to deliberately risk infecting a student with a virus. If they live in a culture where they are subject to rape, and could have been infected in this manner - then it is directly applicable as to motive.

There's no link there.

This is what I'm on about. You are presuming, without first-hand knowledge of the incident, a motive for these deviants to rape this boy.

There is absolutely no indication that this is some kind of a revenge attack, and anything else is purely conjecture on your part.

As I said, you or I don't know any other details about this attack, and we are not privy to the investigation of the PNG police, so we'd be better off not overly speculating about the circumstances of this crime.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
Often it is sick twisted men who rape boys.

Which would be relevant if this case was about a group of men raping a boy.

However, this case is about of a group of women gang-raping a boy, so my point about these sick-minded, twisted women who rape boys was entirely pertinent to this topic.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

reply to post by mikelee

It is my understanding that, in a healthy male, physical reaction, or arousal, is basically autonomic and unavoidable. I think every guy in the world has memories of high school and that strange phenomenon where things would decide to "wake", for no good reason, 4 seconds before the class bell rang - or as I referred to it as - "Strategic textbook placement opportunities".

I am sure that stimuli overcame objection here, physically speaking.

~Heff

If you can conjure up the image of sigourney weaver, or cameron diaz, the difficulty you address seldom presents itself. Also, there's a bono poster with him smirking that some people hang in their living rooms. It was given away by the German government to aid in population reduction amongst undesirable couples.

edit on 23-11-2010 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The story detailed in the OP is obviously a horrible crime. In any country, in any town, for any gender of any age.

But you want to know what got my blood boiling? Reading through all the stupid, insensitive and pointless posts that followed. It's bad enough that this kind of crime even happens....but to see the kind of response to it that I am seeing here makes me sick.

Those of you that think this is a joke, or anything less than an atrocity need to examine your moral and ethical standards.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
weird.
Lol don't know what to say first but my thoughts are maybe they're trying to make HIV such a big problem they're that the government has to help.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join