It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT team "Goes Hollywood," kills 7 year-old girl.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Aiyana Mo'nay Stanley-Jones was asleep on the sofa when a police SWAT team hurled a flash-bang grenade into the apartment and smashed the front door down. The little girl was hit in the head by a bullet fired by one of the officers, Joseph Weekley, as a television camera crew filmed their exploits for a new show. Critics have accused the Detroit Special Response Team of being influenced by the fact they were on camera.'I'm worried they went Hollywood,' a high-ranking Detroit police official told www.motherjones.com.
'It is not protocol. And I've got to say in all my years in the department, I've never used a flash-bang in a case like this.'

Story Here

Well, it was only a matter of time. The militarization of the police force is one of the most under-reported crime against our liberties. The fact that TV cameras were present to document the whole scene, and that caused the SWAT team to go even more all out, is pretty frightening. I know we Americans love us some simulated TV/Movie violence, but have we really reached the point where we WANT to see militarized-police kicking in doors and shooting up the place?

I hope that whether or not the cameras contributed to this, the evidence from the camera goes towards putting these guys away.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I hope this haunts the show's producer, and the entire film crew until the day they die. Same goes for this foolish SWAT team. Everyone of them should be ashamed.

This is like the plot of a bad 80's sci-fi movie.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
What scares me is that these types of things will lead to privatization of law enforcement. And when Xe is running the show, they will not answer to anyone.

Thank you for posting this. S&F. People need to know what is happening to their 'law enforcement'

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Shouldn't murder charges be laid
and massive civil suits too?
the fastest way to be rid of a tyranny is to get it to act like one.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
You know in cases like this the police always lay the blame on the victim's family, saying they forced their hand.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I would sure hope so. But It'll probably be manslaughter at most though. And I don't know what kind of shield laws they have for cops that do these things in a split second/raid basis. Hopefully there'll be a prosecutor with enough balls to take this thing as far as it needs to go.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
You know in cases like this the police always lay the blame on the victim's family, saying they forced their hand.

Well no

If you noticed, the source said a high ranking police official was also disgusted by the actions of the SWAT team. I can see this turning into yet another police bashing thread, with no discussion on the topic, and then subsequent posts putting all cops into the same group.

On topic, the guys that did this were idiots. They are supposed to be better trained than this, and there is no excuse for their actions. They should all be removed from SWAT.
edit on 22/11/2010 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If you're going to post something like this you should post the truth...
The girl's drug addled grand mother jumped the gun....literally...attacked the cop...grabbing his gun and causing it to discharge killing her grand daughter...the wanted murderer was captured in an adjoining upper flat....

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Removed from swat? Perhaps they all should face murder charges for killing a 7 year old? Guilt by association???

Sorry if this is police bashing by offering a opinion. When is enough enough? How many innocents have to die before we do something?

You think the courts will offer justice to this kid?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Removed from swat? Perhaps they all should face murder charges for killing a 7 year old? Guilt by association???

Sorry if this is police bashing by offering a opinion. When is enough enough? How many innocents have to die before we do something?

You think the courts will offer justice to this kid?

I hope the courts do do justice for this kid. Anyway, as the story goes, the officers were set upon by the mother.

The issue I have is when people start labelling all cops like this, which is extremely ignorant. But I guess that doesnt matter to cop haters, they can just hide behind TPTB argument. Pathetic

Im done

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nivekronnoco

The "truth" is that the cops broke protocol, hit the wrong house, ignored signs that there were children in the house, and killed an innocent seven year old girl. The "truth" is that they broke into the mother's house illegally and I can't see how she could be held at fault for defending herself and her daughter. These Cops were too stupid, lazy, or both to hit the right house, decided to get macho when faced with a lady defending her home and killed a child in the process. Yaaaaaaay truuuuuuth

edit on 22-11-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join