It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS! (20 posts?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Hello ATS! and all it's members.
I've been a viewer of the website for about 3 years now but only recently signed up. I'm Chris I'm 24 and a British Expat living in Indonesia's capital city Jakarta. I've made this introduction thread to A: say hello and B: ask a question, since i can't make a new post in off topic until i have 20 posts i hope i can ask it here. My Mrs is currently doing some work on a These for Intercultural Communication and is looking for news stories on such things like "Cultural clash" "Cultural mis communication leads to...." ect some threads or stories with credible sources about how mis communication has lead to tragic or even good things or things that has happened as a result of culture clashes or misunderstandings.

You guys were the first site that came to mind in searching for such things but alas after using the search i found less than i though, So i made this introduction to say hi and ask. Thank you for your time peace be with you all.

Chris.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hey Chris!

Welcome to ATS!

On the topic of 20 posts you can go into the introductions forum and say hello to 20 other new people. Once you've done that you can start your own thread on pretty much any topic you can think of! Or alternatively jump into some threads about topics you are interested in.

Good luck with the 'Cultural Clashes' I have plenty of info I could share with you about Northern Ireland but it's also easily found on the Google machine. What I will suggest is one of my favourite songs came out of the cultural divide of the Troubles.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xris86

Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I recommend utilizing the pink chat voyuer faunction on the ATS tool bar to the far right of most ATS webpages! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 100 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Thanks guys, 20 posts isn't really allot and it's the best option to stop "critters" from posting hoaxes so it's understandable. That sounds great, I tried google i must have tried about 50 different search terms but mostly PDFs with very little info. Something in the news would be good. I'll keep searching random news sites with keywords i'm sure i'll stumble upon something. +1 post =P

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xris86

Hi Xris86, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Xris86

Hey Xris86.

Welcome to ATS! I hope you enjoy yourself and I hope to see you around the board's more..

Good luck in finding what it is you're looking for.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Thank you for all the help topics, i had a quick scan of them last night I'll read more today. You will see me allot more on boards I'll become a regular poster now, Enough trolling =P Thank you for the welcomes guys.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
20 posts... nice

join