It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Story of Electronics (2010)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
designed for the dump

this is a very intresting video,the Story of Stuff style to explore the high-tech revolution's collateral damage—25 million tons of e-waste and counting, poisoned workers and a public left holding the bill,Host Annie Leonard makes a great point that its time we got these fat cat capitalists to pay for the waste we the public are left to deal with..and there no need for all this waste.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Yeah, there is a lot of waste on our planet. It ticks me off that there is often more packaging than product.
Our cities are not st up for the proper removal/recycling of most waste and people cannot even separate glass and plastics, for pity's sake.

But, I'm not sure I trust this group, Electronics TakeBack Coalition, since they are a Project of the Tides Center, a group of progressives with suspect motives...IMHO.

more on Tides
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

you know,i never really looked who or what group was really behide this vid,i just found some very valid points,that i found intresting,but after looking into that link you provided,it kinda get me thinking,is there a hidden agenda going on

Since 2009, Fox News host Glenn Beck has repeatedly criticized the Tides Foundation, arguing that President Barack Obama is using it and other organizations in a conspiracy to achieve an agenda of redistribution of wealth, killing religion, and promoting Communism. The Foundation, Beck has argued, is "assembling an army" and "involved in the nasty of the nastiest."[5]

Williams chose the Tides Foundation as a target because he believed that American billionaire philanthropist George Soros "has the Tides Foundation and the Tides fund," which he uses "for all kinds of nefarious activities."[8]

George Soros

In 2003, former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker wrote in the foreword of Soros' book The Alchemy of Finance: George Soros has made his mark as an enormously successful speculator, wise enough to largely withdraw when still way ahead of the game. The bulk of his enormous winnings is now devoted to encouraging transitional and emerging nations to become 'open societies,' open not only in the sense of freedom of commerce but—more important—tolerant of new ideas and different modes of thinking and behavior.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
but there still a good message in that video,that a lot of people just don't know or even think about,so it still has a public awareness value...

new topics

top topics

join