It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Experiments: The Great Thermate Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have just watched this video and found it interesting so i thought i would put it out here for discussion.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Some comments on the clip:

He talks about molten steel which is a wrong representation of the official explanation. The fact the media makes mistakes like this is rather common, it is a bit awkward the truth movement picks up this mistake to prove their point on such a large scale.

It is suggested that the molten material falling down is as a result of a thermite reaction. It is also suggested that actually very little thermite is needed. The two do not add up.

Beside from that, it is good to see some actual experiments. Although the fact that thermite could have been used does not at all imply it was used.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
great video. Wish i had the supplies and know how to do this sort of thing.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-
Some comments on the clip:

He talks about molten steel which is a wrong representation of the official explanation. The fact the media makes mistakes like this is rather common, it is a bit awkward the truth movement picks up this mistake to prove their point on such a large scale.

It is suggested that the molten material falling down is as a result of a thermite reaction. It is also suggested that actually very little thermite is needed. The two do not add up.

Beside from that, it is good to see some actual experiments. Although the fact that thermite could have been used does not at all imply it was used.

1 the official explanation could be wrong
2 the official explanation of the molten material falling from the south tower does not add up either
3 no but it proves it could have been used

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Frankly, I think all this discussion about bombs/thermite could be a red herring - encouraged by infiltrators of TPTB.

There is still an unanswered question. Who did it? To date, there is no hard or even reliable evidence that Osama Bin Laden/Al Qaeda did this. Israel does not want this aspect of 9/11 to be focused upon, for obvious reasons.

IMO the question everyone should be focusing on is the WHO not the HOW.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by remymartin

The argument is that the fires could not have melted steel, as the fires are not hot enough. That argument is used to disprove the official explanation, also in this video. But in fact, the official explanation does not claim that the steel was molten at all, just some media did. So the argument only proves that the media makes mistakes. Fact is though that I see this argument repeated over and over again, even in this video.

As for what material exactly is falling down, a major difference is that the thermite explanation relies on it, it is counted as evidence. While for the official explanation it is just a side issue, it could have been anything (including thermite) without disproving the explanation.

edit on 11-11-2010 by -PLB- because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

The molten material cant be anything it has to be a molten metal, steel or aluminium or the lead from batteries apparently.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by remymartin

Good post.
I like the way the author explains and ask questions he attempts to answers.
He is a true patriot.
Of course, people have said it: it doesn't prove anything. But it shows that it is possible. And the official version of 911 looks more and more like a farce.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
May I suggest a subtitle for your thread..."New Info" or "Engineer Debunks NatGeo and NIST!". Many of us do not follow the 9/11 threads that closely due to old info being recycled and discussed ad nauseum.

This however is a great video and great find. S&F for you. Using common, legal and widely available materials he proves without doubt relatively small amounts of crude thermate CAN cut steel. Hats off and
to Jon Cole! This illustrates the power of the individual to make a difference.

Now lets imagine military grade explosives vs. Jon Coles crude experimental brew.

From Wiki:

Historically, pyrotechnic or explosive applications for traditional thermites have been limited due to their relatively slow energy release rates. But because nanothermites are created from reactant particles with proximities approaching the atomic scale, energy release rates are far improved.[2]

MICs or Super-thermites are generally developed for military use, propellants, explosives, and pyrotechnics. Because of their highly increased reaction rate, nanosized thermitic materials are being researched by the U.S. military with the aim of developing new types of bombs that are several times more powerful than conventional explosives.[3] Nanoenergetic materials can store higher amounts of energy than conventional energetic materials and can be used in innovative ways to tailor the release of this energy. Thermobaric weapons are considered to be a promising application of nanoenergetic materials. Research into military applications of nano-sized materials began in the early 1990s

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
This was a good video
but the truth about 9/11 is much stranger than we speculate. Truly, stranger than fiction! We will all see soon, as hidden agendas will have no where to hide! Transparent and naked.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Since this guy is a P.E. then why does he not then state specifically where these types of charges would have needed to been set in order to cause the collapse we saw on 9/11? Also, the picky little issue of how you install the charges and initiate them without anyone noticing. Been around alot of thermite, its very fussy stuff, it doesn't really like any kind of moisture and can be set off by any kind of metallic spark.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by -PLB-

Okay fine, what was the Nanothermite found in the WTC rubble doing there then? You tell me.

top topics

join